Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New version of Navigon Fresh
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New version of Navigon Fresh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: New version of Navigon Fresh Reply with quote

May not seem like big news, but the new version of Navigon Fresh fixes an issue where the software would only see the Internal memory on the Sat Nav.
You only really noticed the issue during a map update.

Version 2.01 fixes this so it also sees the external microsd card, the upside is when you do a backup, it now backs up both the internal and external memory.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated to Fresh 3.0 though don't know yet what I get with it. Fortunately a post on another forum from someone who had lost all his files during a map update, alerted me to what I've lost with it. ALL MY BACKUPS!

So don't forget to take one as soon as you've updated Fresh.
teamfloyduk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Lost speed cameras Reply with quote

I Not only lost the backup files after the Fresh Maps software update I also lost the speed cameras from my 1310 when I did a Q2 map update.
I phoned Navigon because they didn't answer my emails (still haven't) and they said they are aware of the problem but had no idea how long it will take to fix Rolling Eyes
So if anyone has updated to Q2 lately do a quick check to see if you have the cameras.
Cheers TF
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is these the Navigon camera database? I have just updated to (yet another?) Fresh version - 3.0.1, build 182 - I use the PGPSW ones via POIWarner and they seem fine. I'm fairly sure they must have gone through ok before on the original 3.0. (And the database/maps backup is still there this time).

Mind you, I tried a selective country map download and it seemed to give up with an error message at Spain and didn't load UK at all. Bit puzzled as this is smaller than the full set I had before. So for the moment have just (re)loaded UK (ok).

I usually do a backup AFTER I update maps/system, so that I have the latest version if I have to restore., but I haven't done it yet until I can find out just what it does. It used to add a new backup version, but now seems to incorporate it into the existing backup (if you have one) so that you only have one backup file. BUT as the selective country download apparently deletes any unselected countries from the satnav, I'm unsure at present what would happen if I backed up my UK-only update to my previous all-country backup - I don't want to lose that in case I have more problems with the new map - the German forum jonandmarkuk mentioned in another thread seems to show some problems with the new Fresh/Maps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: