Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NDrive UK & Ireland £4.99
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NDrive UK & Ireland £4.99

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
il_penguino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: NDrive UK & Ireland £4.99 Reply with quote

NDrive UK & Ireland for iPhone is today only £4.99 in the iTunes store.

No idea how long it will last at this price. It was still £9.99 yesterday when I bought the Western Europe version for £22.99.

Cheers,
Jon.
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon - downloading now. The more I use Ndrive the more I like it.
Got Oz and Iberia while they were cheap, and Hong Kong when it was free!
joni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully featured navigation for £4.99? This ought to be front page news surely!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joni wrote:
Fully featured navigation for £4.99? This ought to be front page news surely!

indeed, but we get told off for 'always' posting news about iphone stuff... Confused

MaFt
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Navigon Mobile Navigator Reply with quote

This has been reduced by 66% and is now £14.99. Bit pee'd off as this cost me £54 a short while ago. I asked them for the difference but my email has been ignored! Wonder why?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This has been reduced by 66% and is now £14.99

Still £4.99 here.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: It's in the title! Reply with quote

Sorry, Paul, was in the title! Navigon Mobile Navigator and it is £17.99 not the £54 I paid for it. Plus the Traffic etc and it all added up. I bought Co-Pilot the other day and that is a good application. Only trouble the Traffic is the same price as the application which is a bit of a con.
Quite like the NDrive though and for under a fiver - bargain!!
Doug
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: bargain ??? not sure ... Reply with quote

I bought this for £4.99 ... a bargain price without doubt. However the real measure of this "bargain" is whether or not it works ...

My experience over a few days and several hundred miles is that it is rather hit and miss. When it works it is OK but that is only about 50% of the time ...

The problem seems to be the link between the the iphone GPS and the program; I know the GPS is working OK because the position shows up on google maps no problem, but it doesn't connect to N drive anything like as well.

Also the accuracy of position is something of a problem in N Drive, all too often showing an off road position. All in all there is no way this system could be relied upon. Have also tried CoPilot on an HTC HD2 that wasn't very good either, so it looks to me as though the only route (no pun intended!) to success is a standalone in car sat nav .... Since my TT720 went up in smoke it looks like I'll be back for another TT ...
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using it for a while now (paid £9.99 for UK &I) It's OK but the routing is a little weird. In towns it tries to do a shortest possible route - causing you to negotiate some odd streets at times Very Happy But it locks on pretty quickly and has a nice clean display. Shame it doesn't accept camera add ons.

It even handles incoming phone calls reasonably well - restarting the app after the call terminates.

At £4.99 it's a really good buy.
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody noticed that all the NDrive apps have disappeared from the app store? Is it just me?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no... not just you... Confused
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See reply from Ndrive support:

Dear valued customer,

It has recently come to our attention that customers are experiencing difficulties with our iPhone navigation applications. Accordingly, NDrive acknowledges that our software listed in the Apple iTunes Store have been dissolved until further notice. We are currently working to address and improve the situation in an efficient manner. This issue has been assigned a maximum urgency level as we cannot inquire on the duration of our void from said markets. We are attentively listening and working hard to address all inquisitions submitted.

At this moment, we kindly suggest that all questions and requests concerning NDrive's iTunes Store applications be forwarded to Apple’s Support Team.

To contact Apple's iTunes Store Customer Service please Click Here: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html?form=app_store&topic=App%20Store%20and%20iBooks&subtopic=Troubleshooting%20Applications
jamsie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: N DRIVE (WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH) Reply with quote

Yes it has disappeared from the app store, i istalled the new 4. version and lost everything, pics vids e mails etc. When i spoke to apple support, held on 20 mins and then she cut me off, and no she never called me back. I tried using it about 3 times and 3 times i tried it didnt work, so no big loss if you only paid a few pounds for it, i bought it very early on and paid quite a bit............still got my tom tom back and fixed go 740 live, dont think the i phone is up to a sat nav device
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: N DRIVE (WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH) Reply with quote

jamsie wrote:
i istalled the new 4. version and lost everything, pics vids e mails etc. When i spoke to apple support, held on 20 mins and then she cut me off, and no she never called me back.

you mean you updated your phone software to iOS4? if so then if you did a backup/sync before updating then once you update in itunes it should restore your backup? or at least give the option to set it up as your old phone? you can't blame ndrive for that...??!!!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: