Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ask for extra volume as I couldn't hear the warnings, but it seems my CarKit is rubbish and it's going to TT in Scotland as soon as the returns packaging arrives.

But I will ask for improvement of the warning content.

First, I'd like combined siren and voice (on my 520 I use 100% volume and Liz Whittaker with LOUD siren - sure, it startles sheep three fields away, but means even I can hear it!)

Second, I'd like the wording reconsidered. Instead of peemobile, please make it provisional mobile - at present I don't hear anything until it's gone past the pee bit.

Third wording reconsideration. My hearing is odd, but not entirely uncommon amongst those of us advancing towards the great hereafter. I don't hear consonents too well, so Mobile sounds like OhEye. "Static" is fine, because it has the sharp, harsh S and T and C which clatter my ears nicely.

Fourth, I find the verbal warnings too short - they're just about gone by the time I hear them. Maybe when the CarKit comes home I'll be able to hear them better?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Dennis my hearing is not as good as it use to be either. I would like to hear the audio warnings along the lines of 'warning, gatso ahead, speed limit 30 miles per hour'

since 1.0.1 upgrade the directional arrows are orange which I find difficult to see. I guess my eyesight is going too Crying or Very sad
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:
since 1.0.1 upgrade the directional arrows are orange which I find difficult to see. I guess my eyesight is going too Crying or Very sad

this is only when using nightmode - the blues were hard to see and it was suggested by many to change them to yellow/orange. if it's in 'normal' mode (as opposed to night mode) then the arrows are blue.

MaFt
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MaFt I will check my settings Embarassed
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batties wrote:
I agree Dennis my hearing is not as good as it use to be either. I would like to hear the audio warnings along the lines of 'warning, gatso ahead, speed limit 30 miles per hour'

Coming from a GO with Lizwhittaker plus loud siren, I agree with you (although I've had the poor consonants "issue" for decades). But judging by the packed features of CamerAlert (i.e. just what we've always wanted, not like all the others) I rather suspect the verbal warnings are constrained by space and/or specification on the iPhone itself. I may perhaps decide to go with just the siren alert as the display is pretty good for my eyesight so I can glance for the type and speed - I'll see how the speaker performs when my CarKit gets back from TomTom.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Ability to queue camera submissions. I've tried to submit cameras and then gone into an area of no data signal, which causes the submission to fail. I've also submitted cameras with voice notes, which has taken so long to submit I've missed the next camera.

2. Independent volume control. TomTom now has this, and it's proving so useful. I find the volume on CamerAlert much louder than music, and it can be a bit of a shock when the voice comes on. Not a great thing while driving!
mikeprytherch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: 3 Way Mobile Camera support Reply with quote

Currently we can only enter 2 way camera support, however there are a couple of mobile sites local to me where the police sit at a T junction and catch people from all 3 angles, crafty !
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 Way Mobile Camera support Reply with quote

mikeprytherch wrote:
Currently we can only enter 2 way camera support, however there are a couple of mobile sites local to me where the police sit at a T junction and catch people from all 3 angles, crafty !

in which case, state it in the voice notes and i will remove the heading/directional data - that way you will be warned regardless of direction.

MaFt
mikeprytherch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 Way Mobile Camera support Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

in which case, state it in the voice notes and i will remove the heading/directional data - that way you will be warned regardless of direction.

MaFt

I've logged this one via the Website already tonight, but as you asked, its Camera ID: 59176 at 53.99874,-1.46764

Thanks
MikeBolton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Ability to store camera reports for submission later Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Ability to store camera reports for submission later?

i.e. when roaming with no data you can update database at home on wifi etc then capture cameras and submit when back home.

I agree. I have just travelled a fair way in France and came accross a number of fixed cameras that were not in the database. As I had data roaming switched off (too expensive abroad) I had no way of capturing their locations. This mod should then improve acuracy of database quite considerably.
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another suggestion for the app I thought would be useful last night when driving home in the dark - although the night mode only changes the menu colors it seems to do nothing to the brightness of the map on the screen (unless I've missed something - please correct me if I'm wrong)

I understand you prob can't change the actual map to night colours like on a tomtom etc but I thought In addition to the night menu colours would it be possible to have an option to actually dim the lcd brightness of the iphones screen to make more suitable for night/dark conditions?

just a thought, apologies if its been suggested before!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apple do not allow us to control screen brightness or to change the map colours...
MaFt
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, those Censored! thanks anyway
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the iPhone to stream music to my car radio using bluetooth but as Apple don't allow full use of the A2DP profile I can't use the radio controls to change tracks. I find the controls on CamerAlert useful but too small and too close to the other buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Can the audio controls be bigger or moved up screen a few millimetres?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, will be done in the next release.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: