Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert Enhancement Requests Reply with quote

Fire away - anything goes...

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Last edited by lbendlin on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just get rid of the obvious.

Can we have some sort of navigaion in the app.

...NO

ok, thanks! Wink

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ability to store camera reports for submission later?

i.e. when roaming with no data you can update database at home on wifi etc then capture cameras and submit when back home.
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One small enhancement I would like to see is a setting to be able to override/ignore the camera direction, so you get warned even if the database says the camera is not facing your direction.
This covers the situation where the camera has been changed (if marked as 1 way) or the DB is wrong (could possiblly happen!) Smile
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be able to control the IPOD when program running something like TT does or Navigon

Your tops in the Apps so you must be able to do this Very Happy
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the list mode in night vision put the arrows in white or a white line around the arrows so the arrows are more visible
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
mickrichardson535
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Average speed Reply with quote

can we have an average speed display constantly visible as it is when travelling through specs? Would be handy to know.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Average speed Reply with quote

mickrichardson535 wrote:
can we have an average speed display constantly visible as it is when travelling through specs? Would be handy to know.

2nd button from teh left (car speedo icon) manually stops/starts the average speed

MaFt
firebirdhasrisen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Camera warning repeat / audio tweak Reply with quote

Hi Darren

I have been using the app for two days on my Gs32gb, my enhancement request is this

1 - Option to repeat warning as approaching the camera. Could be a setting with a slider from 5 to 30 seconds, as this would cover most aspects. Some people will change the time from camera warning setting, you can then tweak how often you are reminded before you reach the camera.

2 - The audio warning needs maybe an extra half second blank section prior to the speach. I have noticed that the start of the spoken warning seems to be very slighty chopped. This may not be helped by the use of a bluetooth speaker. Or the audio files have been trimmed too aggressively.

3 - Please review the tone of the speech, the iphones speakers are rubbish with any deep notes, a neutral voice sounds miles better. Trial and error may be the best way to determine this. If you use Copilot, you can hear the difference when selecting alternative voices. The bitrate may help as well....

Hope this helps. The app is brilliant, better that poi warner and trapster.

Andrew
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should play a warning bong, faster and faster as you approach the target at over the speed limit.

The danger is that you hear the warning (yeah, yeah, heard it a million times) and forget to check your speed. A continuous warning while over the speed limit not only makes you aware of your criminally excessive speed but also lets you know when you are safely within the limit.

Also, can you improve the GPS reception on the iPhone - it's completely crap. Mad
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
You should play a warning bong, faster and faster as you approach the target at over the speed limit.

The danger is that you hear the warning (yeah, yeah, heard it a million times) and forget to check your speed. A continuous warning while over the speed limit not only makes you aware of your criminally excessive speed but also lets you know when you are safely within the limit.

i agree
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when submitting a specs camera the option to select START / MIDDLE / END status would be useful. (especially from an admin point of view!!)

MaFt
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
Also, can you improve the GPS reception on the iPhone - it's completely crap. Mad

In fear of getting shouted at again, I honestly don't know what you mean by this Very Happy Perhaps your iFone came out of the same batch mine did supplied with a time travelled receiver chip from the early part of the last decade Shocked

1/ Drop the screen brightness for a night setting as the map produces too much glare.

2/ Over speed warning when approaching a camera via audible beep, I know there is no excuse for reading the signs but the extra prompt a noise will trigger could make the difference, but ONLY issue the second alert if over speed 5 seconds prior to the camera..

3/ Store camera alterations/ submissions on the device for post trip up load as a data connection might not be viable all the time due to location and associated cost.

4/ Option to turn off the directional capabilty would be nice - I know this isn't something that praises the directional capability of the database but there are more bi-directional cameras (most Truvs for example in Lincolnshire) than are currently covered - Mike
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Skippy wrote:

In fear of getting shouted at again, I honestly don't know what you mean by this Very Happy Perhaps your iFone came out of the same batch mine did supplied with a time travelled receiver chip from the early part of the last decade Shocked

To be fair, I do have a metal coated heat reflecting windscreen but my old Garmin Quest handles this OK, as do SIRF-III receivers. I do let them get a first fix from cold while outside the car though.

The iPhone 3g I have is really good at quickly figuring out roughly where you are for location based services but it updates it's position fix about every 2 or 3 seconds which is definately a Concern Requiring Attention Promptly (C.R.A.P) to use an industry acronym.
DWiskow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Improved GPS Reception Reply with quote

For those having trouble with GPS reception, try ROQY Bluetooth plus a Holux M1200. I have used this with CameraAlert on both a 1st Gen and 3GS iPhone.

I have one shut away in the glovebox (with a 12v Cigarette Mini-USB supply permanently hooked up) . . . constantly gets 8-10 satellite reception in a car where the 3GS wont even hold a signal lock because of the windscreen . . . and also gives a really fast/accurate GPS position [much better than the iPhone inbuilt GPS].

A side product of this approach is much lower power usage on the iPhone which is also a huge advantage when out on my bike [the Holux M1200 lithium battery is good for 10 hours] and using BikeMateGPS.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: