Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x20 and x30 sunsetted?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x20 and x30 sunsetted?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattcu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been good reading some of this feedback.

I s'pose my initial worries are fed by knowing that, one day, my 920T will be considered to be over the hill and cease being supported. It has had its niggles but has generally been fairly trouble-free compared to some of the other stories on here, so I'm dreading the day I have to upgrade in case it's then my turn to get a total lemon.

This talk of using TT Work applications on non-Work units is interesting; GeePee, I'm monitoring your trial with interest!

All the best Smile
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I was hoping this release might do was address the "Dim display between instructions" which is broken in 8.351. Instead the option seems to have completely disappeared. Maybe Work units are assumed to be permanently hard-wired?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my use of the Navcore App 8.392 Work software on my GO630 in conjuction with a traffic aerial.
I am not using a Bluetooth device on this GPS unit, so Main Menu p1 "TT Work menu" does not work.I do not have a Live Traffic connection, so TT Traffic Live does not work.
I can use the 'free' traffic service, which works satisfactorily as normal.

Most other options on pages 1 to 5 (of 8) work as per normal. On page 5 there is an "Edit Vehicle Profile" button, from which you can choose the type of vehicle you are driving. Options are Car, Van, Truck, Bus, Taxi and 'Other'. The latter option, on my device just changes the icon from car to a van, but selecting a (say) truck, give the opportunities to enter weight, height, max speed, length, width and axle weights.
However, if one enters this data, a warning is given on the next screen, saying " The current map does not contain 'truck' attributes. Truck routing....not supported. Car routing will be applied."
I have a motorhome with weight,height, length and width dimensions more like a small truck. If this app. does not support that, then there is no point in installing it in the first place.
I like the alternative icons on this software, but that seems to be the only 'benefit' of installing this application.
Accordingly, I would not advise going to the trouble of doing so.
I have only installed the app. on a SD card, so all I have to do is to remove the card. I will probably keep the card with app. as a backup, just in case of accidents, but Personally, I will not be using it.

Hope these notes help others.
Graham
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting back with your findings Gee-Pee, pity it doesn't work for you either. I agree, the only thing v8.392 has going for it over the regular v8.35x is the fancy icons.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Update on my use of the Navcore App 8.392 Work software on my GO630....

Gee-Pee,
If you get TomTom Map 840.2554 TRUCK and use this with your Navcore 8.392 you will be able to save the weight,height, length and width dimensions of your motorhome in say the Truck setting and because you will be using the correct Navcore with the correct Map your 630 will route dependant on what vehicle you are set up for.
You will no longer get the " The current map does not contain 'truck' attributes. Truck routing....not supported. Car routing will be applied." message that you have been getting.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith. I suppose I shall have to buy that if I want it and if I decide that it would be worthwhile. Decisions - decisions Sad

Graham
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keithjeffrey wrote:

If you get TomTom Map 840.2554 TRUCK and use this with your Navcore 8.392 you will be able to save the weight,height, length and width dimensions of your motorhome

Gee-Pee wrote:
Thanks Keith. I suppose I shall have to buy that if I want it and if I decide that it would be worthwhile.

Yes but CAN you buy it?
Home probably won't offer it to you because you're using the "wrong" unit and if you use the website and buy a map for the 7000, it probably wont work on a normal model.

Where are you getting hold of it Keithjefffrey?
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
keithjeffrey wrote:

If you get TomTom Map 840.2554 TRUCK and use this with your Navcore 8.392 you will be able to save the weight,height, length and width dimensions of your motorhome

Gee-Pee wrote:
Thanks Keith. I suppose I shall have to buy that if I want it and if I decide that it would be worthwhile.

Yes but CAN you buy it?
Home probably won't offer it to you because you're using the "wrong" unit and if you use the website and buy a map for the 7000, it probably wont work on a normal model.

Where are you getting hold of it Keithjefffrey?

I have'nt got a copy , it is just something that I read somewhere on the t'internet ( I refer you back to my post on Page 3 of this thread - 3rd one down ) Very Happy
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed Work 8.392 - no problems and installed the 845 IQ mapping - still no problems.

TTHOME offered me WORK 8.393 this morning. I installed it but couldn't get any voices to work - but it was navigating fine.

I replaced the system with WORK 8.392 and non-computer voices worked but not JANE computer voice - which I usually use. After I had tried this none of the voices would work. I replaced the LoquendoTTS directory from the working backup and everything is back working again.

I'm going to try one more time with the 8.393 just to see if it works this time Very Happy I'll be back (to report) Gun Shoot Out
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - it must have been one of those things.

It worked this time - I'll see how it goes for a few days.

Don't ask me what is different as the URL TomTom gave for the release notes [url] http://www.tomtom.com/6141 [/url] doesn't mention this release - Ah well.
JaguarV12e
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these Work Navcores have the same display lag as the official x30 Navcore versions? That would be the one improvement that would provoke me to try them.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Phil, check the version of the Loquendo voice pack you are running on the device as it might need an update, links are available on the forum.

@Jaguar, if you are having display refresh issues please check how many POI categories you have set to visible (the software can set some to visible all on its own so its not necessarly something you have done - de-select them all and see if it speeds up the screen refresh rate - Mike
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody tried getting a custom tomtom.mnu working with 8.392 on a GOx20/x30 I'm trying but it is just not working for me. I would be interested to hear of any successful attempts or failures.
Thanks.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: