Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Telmap 5 searches
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Telmap 5 searches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffharris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Telmap 5 searches Reply with quote

Hi

Is it just me, or is the Address/POI search on 5.0 FAR inferior to 4.5? I know it's SUPPOSED to be better, and smarter - maybe is it just not "ready for prime time" yet? I've tried to search for addresses and POI's many different ways, both in California, and, Munich when I was there last week, and, many times, I get results that not only are thousands of miles away from the current location, but, some streets that seem to be totally irrelevant to the street or even city I'm at and searching?

I tried it for kicks on my Bold 9000, which I don't really use any more, but, I'm happier using 4.5 on my other device...
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Search competition for Telmap5 users Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,
Telmap5 is in Beta and we are happy to receive this kind of feedback.
In fact if you are willing to accurately report all the unusual search results you get it could win you $100.
Just check out our Telmap5 Search Competition

Thanks
TUGAdmin
WolfmanRobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

I have to agree. Valid street addresses (Such as my home, my girlfriends home, my parents home) are not being found, or, are being pointed to addresses anywhere from 5 to 100 miles away in 5.0, beta 1.
4.5 was dead on these!

I try searching for common things, like SUBWAY restraunt, or CVS pharmacy, both within a couple of blocks of me, they get NO RESULTS, or they give results over 100 miles away from me.

I've submitted about 10 to the "Search Contest" so far. I could spend all day doing that as I have tried over 50 searches with a 100% fail rate!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: