Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 4350 - TMC and speed limit problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 4350 - TMC and speed limit problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Navigon 4350 - TMC and speed limit problems Reply with quote

Had my navigon for a week now, and still getting used to it (having had the TomTom 1 original for as few years). I can't get the road speed limit info or warning to come up, and I don't seem to be getting TMC info (though the unit says premium TMC is installed). Have travelled from Inverness - Glasgow - Edinburgh - Inverness, with no sign of speed limits or traffic info. Am I missing some way of activating all of this? (It took me a while to work out how to activate the speed camera warnings.)
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check all your SETTINGS (there are several of sets of these on different screens) in case they need to be turned on. Come back if that's not the problem.
brms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: settings Reply with quote

Tried all the settings screens, and even tried as factory reset - no trace of anything to do with TMC, and nothing on the speed limits. I've emailed Navigon - no reply yet on their 24-hr response service.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look in the TMC settings, see if it's searching for an FM station. Not sure what reception would be like where you live but TMC via FM is a bit hit and miss.

As for the speed limits are you referring to the icon on screen or the speed camera locations?

Speed limits don't show on all roads, and to activate the speed cameras I'm certain you have to activate it in Navigon Fresh or something. My dad has a 4350Max and does have both working.
brms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: TMC issue Reply with quote

I'm not getting any menus relating to TMC at all - feels like it's not activated, but it shows up in Navigon fresh.

I've got the speed cameras working, but no indication of speed limits - and I've been on motorways and other major roads.
brms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: problem solved Reply with quote

Navigon helpline kept telling me to use menus which were simply not there. Went to Halford's (who got the same story from Navigon) and they gave me a replacement. This has the TMC menues, and all seems well (apart from the downloading map problem!). Looks like Navigon manage to ship units which don't have the TMC chip/software inside, even though the box says they do. Not clever of them.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: problem solved Reply with quote

brms wrote:
Navigon helpline kept telling me to use menus which were simply not there. Went to Halford's (who got the same story from Navigon) and they gave me a replacement. This has the TMC menues, and all seems well (apart from the downloading map problem!). Looks like Navigon manage to ship units which don't have the TMC chip/software inside, even though the box says they do. Not clever of them.

Maybe it was a batch that Halfords had. My dad got the 4350Max from Halfords and everything was correct. However I know the TMC for the UK appears to be exclusive to Halfords. The 4350Max doesn't normally include the TMC.
Good to hear that it's working now though.
brms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and thanks for listening to the problems and trying to help!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: