Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - LIVE service M25 delays
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

LIVE service M25 delays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darrenintheeast
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: LIVE service M25 delays Reply with quote

right now on the LIVE service it is reporting delays from J28 round to J20

Let me tell you right now that THERE ARE NO DELAYS in either direction....

well done TOMTOM LIVE

darren
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 21:24...

Traffic England website (http://www.traffic-england.co.uk/) currently reporting

Quote:
The M25 clockwise is closed between junctions J23 and J25, due to a serious incident. Also closed is M25 J23 and J24 clockwise access.

AA Traffic Report currently shows average traffic speed around that section as between 0-5 mph.

Google Traffic website shows average speed around that section is "Very Slow".

So, it's not just TT HD Services that have it wrong. Remember once an incident clears it takes time for the information to filter through. HD Services is a mixture of feeds. It appears that an incident occurred not that long ago and might have only just cleared....
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 09:09

Live Services shows long delays due to an accident and roadworks but Traffic England shows it clear as do the cameras. Google Maps shows slight delay through that section (probably due to roadworks)

So "well done TOMTOM LIVE " Wink

I'll see what happens in the real world later...
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly was a major incident earlier in the afternoon with the M25 blocked near J25 where some lorries had run into each other and clockwise traffic being taken off the motorway at J23 and redirected down the A1 to the A406 and back up the A10 ( I would have thought the M11 a better choice).

Cars at one stage were going the wrong way anticlockwise between J25 and J24 and leaving at the J24 clockwise entry slip on the clockwise carriageway to get off the motorway. There was also massive delays anti-clockwise as idiots slowed down to get a better look.

Later in the day I could still see the cars stationary between J21 & J22 as I drove over the top of the motorway. The Highways agency flagged it as a major incident and all the major traffic systems were showing the road as stationary or closed.

Very shortly after the incident HD Traffic was showing stationary traffic between J21 and J23, and J24 and J25 clockwise but nothing between J23 & J24 clockwise where there were no cars. Later that section was showing as closed as well which I assume was the manual input from the Highways Agency.

So in this case I don't think HD traffic was at fault, if anything the Highways agency may have kept the incident live longer than necessary, but I have no idea what time it was cleared as there are better things to do on a Friday evening than look at traffic incidents.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: