Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi 1340 USB charging
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi 1340 USB charging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mart61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: nuvi 1340 USB charging Reply with quote

Good evening

I have just purchased a brand new nuvi 1340 and I'm having a little trouble charging the unit.

I have connected the nuvi to a USB port on my PC using a bog standard USB 2.0 mini-B device cable.

The Garmin is constantly displaying the "connected to PC" icon but I have no clues as to whether or not it's actually charging.

1) How does one tell if it is taking a charge?
2) Is there any way of leaving the unit charging in USB mode and getting back to the normal device home "Where to?" screen?

Cheers

Martin
Gardela
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo.

1. as far as i know, there's no way of 'visually' telling whether your unit is charging or not. USB devices always charge, though, when connected to a USB port. That's the whole idea of USB.

2. no, you can't. the way round it is to get an external charger.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Older Nuvis used to show a "Charging" message on the screen. You can see the % charged too if you can get into the diagnostics screen. This is achieved by holding a finger down on the battery icon for a few seconds.

2) With older Nuvis you could do this by using the Safely Remove Hardware icon in XP / Vista. You can then use the Nuvi and charge at the same time via USB.
Mart61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input guys. I left the USB connected in my office all day today and, sure enough, the battery was fully charged when I left this evening. Very Happy

Shame about the not being able to get to the man screen.

Still, I have a Garmin Travel Accessory Pack on my birthday list. That way I'll get the external adaptor in a couple of weeks...

Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: