Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New 8.370 navcore application released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New 8.370 navcore application released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too was offerred an update to kate. also got tomtom home beta 2.7.0.1761.
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First trouble free update I have had from TomTom since I got my 740! things are looking up
alan195
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated on Tuesday & since then if I go into Operate My Go I get the following error msg.
This function is not yet supported for your combination of navigation device, your device’s application version and your computer’s operating system.
According to the TomTom FAQ if you get this msg you should wait a few days and try again. Is anyone else getting this.

Go 740 Live
Go 600

Last edited by alan195 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
andy1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model do you have ?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This behaviour is normal as Home needs an updated file to match the latest TT operating system and this file is nearly always is released a few days after the program update.
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomtom home beta 2.7.0.1761 does not work on Windows 7 for me. The application quits with the standard uninformative "stopped working" error as soon as it opens.
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tomtom home beta 2.7.0.1761 does not work on Windows 7 for me. The application quits with the standard uninformative "stopped working" error as soon as it opens.

Can you not force it to work by using what on Windows XP is the properties / compatability option.
I presume there is a similar option available with Windows 7

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mally1957 wrote:
I presume there is a similar option available with Windows 7

Only for Windows 7 Professional (and above presumably), not home (and probably not the beta version that is currently out there)
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a similar option available in the public beta of Windows 7, compatibility for XP SP 1-3 and Vista SP 1 & 2. None of solve the problem. It's a beta OS and a beta Home release, so it's no surprise there are some issues.
bayard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too upgraded to 8.37 and got the can't operate the Go. I've spent two days deleting, updating, etc., etc. I had to settle for the original 8.312 to be able to operate the 740 from the computer. The 740 by itself works ok with 8.37 as far as I checked.
My last attempt was today (8/02/09) starting from scratch; Clear flash, Factory Reset, deleted Home, deleted device memory, restoring device memory from original Windows backup, then upgrading to map 830 and app 8.37, Home 2.6.4. No Go!

TomTom Go 740 Live
App. 8.312
Map: 830
Windows XP Pro, SP3
California
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bayard wrote:
I too upgraded to 8.37 and got the can't operate the Go. I've spent two days deleting, updating, etc., etc. I had to settle for the original 8.312 to be able to operate the 740 from the computer. The 740 by itself works ok with 8.37 as far as I checked.
My last attempt was today (8/02/09) starting from scratch; Clear flash, Factory Reset, deleted Home, deleted device memory, restoring device memory from original Windows backup, then upgrading to map 830 and app 8.37, Home 2.6.4. No Go!

MrT wrote:
This behaviour is normal as Home needs an updated file to match the latest TT operating system and this file is nearly always is released a few days after the program update.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
bayard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jock,
So I read, but others have been using 8.37 without such a complaint, so I'm confused! But will wait for a while and try again.
Thanks,
Bayard
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:
I am going to give it a try...Wish me luck!

Though I have always found my 940 to get a fix pretty quickly. My one wish woul dbe for a cancel button on the "Fastest/Shortest..." screen as I always tap the wrong destination and have to let it start calculating before I can go back and do it again.

A tip here. If you press and hold to make sure you have the right item highlighted then release you get what you pressed with confidence it's the right one. If you press and hold and see it's the wrong one you can slide your finger to the correct item or into an area with nothing and it will do nothing.

I do this a lot with recent destinations which is tricky when on the move.
Holux GPSslim
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:
falkirk81 wrote:
aerotec wrote:
Driving 220 miles to Edinburgh tomorrow

Are you going up the east coast via Newcastle? If so, be prepared for some delays around the Angel of the North. Major roadworks for the next 3 weeks! You will see the Average Speed Cameras on the DB where the works are going on!

Just a friendly heads up! Smile

Thanks, I will give it a go tomorrow as will be passing there around 10am but if I am routing that way in rush hours I might do the M74/M6/A66/A1 route. It is only about 5 miles longer from point to point so handy to have a 80% different route available.

Of course I will only go this way if advised to do so by my "trusty" 940!!

Going A66 won't get you away from the Angel of the North. I'd recommend 2 other options. First is to carry on up the M74 and then cut across country 'diagonally' through the A roads once you flatten out on the long post Carlisle climb. Its not much slower and some much nicer scenery :-)

Other option if East coast is easier is to take the A19 just North of Ripon and go via Middlesborough. Through the Tyne Tunnel (£1.20 toll) and continue up the A19 to rejoin the M1 North of Newcastle near Cramlington. Tom Tom tends to inore the A19 because it sees it as a slower A road but it's a 70mph road and generally carries less traffic. I do N. Yorks to Newcastle return 4 times a month and highly recommend ignoring TT times and using the A19. Just stay on it.

However, I'm up and down the country all the time and the M1 from 100 miles out of London centre at the moment has roadworks for days. There's 50mph for what seems like 5000miles at Nottingham then they're upgrading just about everything North of Wetherby to motorway with narrow lanes and cameras then the Angel of the North stuff too. I'd avoid it like the plague!

A bit off topic I know but TT Traffic and the time predictions won't prepare you for what lies ahead. And if it's a holiday trip you'll get there with less children in tears :-)
Holux GPSslim
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo_hippo wrote:
Other option if East coast is easier is to take the A19 just North of Ripon and go via Middlesborough.

MiddlesBROUGH!!!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: