Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Charging - what to believe - hardware or software?!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Charging - what to believe - hardware or software?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Charging - what to believe - hardware or software?! Reply with quote

OK, here's another question ...

When my GO720 is connected to the car charger, or sitting in its cradle, the green LED on the unit lights up quite happily. However, sometimes the on-screen battery bar indicator says "Charging" and does its little animated dance from right to left ... but sometimes it doesn't and just shows the apparent charge level (as it would if the unit was running on battery power without an external power connection).

So if the LED is on, but the on-screen battery icon isn't showing that the unit's charging - is it charging the battery or isn't it?!

The more I use this GO720, the less I like it ... Sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that the green LED means is that external power is arriving at the device - nothing to do with charging.

If the battery bar indicator is moving and the word "charging" appears underneath, then it's charging.
If the battery indicator bar is not moving, it's charged.
I believe there is a bug with the latest software where the indicator never shows the battery indicator completely full. This could be worse if the battery is beginning to age.

Have to say, even though it is on it's last legs now, my 720 is still my favourite TomTom beating any before or since.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never normally look at the charge indicator but I just gave mine a try and it does exactly the same. It lives permanently in its cradle which is plugged into a powered hub so is live almost all the time. Out of the cradle it says it's about 3/4 charged and in it it says it's charging.

I just don't worry about it. I only use it off external power on the odd occasion when I have forgotten where I parked. Then it's certainly got sufficient battery charge.

Although my only previous experience was with an iPAQ with TT Navigator, I'm fully satisfied with my 720 and wouldn't want to change it for anything else.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: