Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP Faulty X970T New Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP Faulty X970T New Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
Hi Colin,

Heres a link to latest Intel P35 chipset drivers. http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-026488.htm

Hope this solves it....

Thanks for your advice, have done that but no change, the fault still exists.

Colin
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin

As requested can you please send me your contact details so I can get this issue solved for you, I cant help you if I dont know how to let our customers services contact you.

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Colin

As requested can you please send me your contact details so I can get this issue solved for you, I cant help you if I dont know how to let our customers services contact you.

Cheers

Stu

I have already Pm'd my details to you and you replied saying that you have passed on my details to Tech Support, but as yet I have had no contact whatsoever either by phone or email. I would have least expected an email to say that they were working on the problem, but nothing.
I am very disappointed with the X-970T, not only with this problem but also with another problem I started on another thread regarding the LAG on the display when in 'free navigation mode', (which I use most of the time) rendering it 'NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE', because by the time the display has shown the road/junction you are looking for, you have already pased it by several hundred yards. I have even turned off all POI's and stopped using the MP3 function in case the processor could not handle it, all to no avail. I feel the processor is just not fast enough for it.
Also despite supposedly having the latest Tele Atlas mapping I am finding many roads in the Sheerness/Sittingbourne area are not being shown correctly despite being completed over 18months ago. The A249 between the new Sheppey Crossing (18months old) and the A2 has been built for many years and always has been a 70mph limit, but I get the speed warning if I drive over 50mph, another unused function. I know that this is a Tele Atlas problem, but it is making me considering returning this unit and purchasing one that uses the Navtech mapping instead, cannot be any worse.
I still await the Tech Support call.

AMENDMENT

I have now resolved the initial problem regarding the Data Corruption/SD Restore error, it is due to that pile of rubbish that Microsoft calls Vista. I uninstalled the VM s/w, turned off the UAC control in Vista, reinstalled the VM s/w and the problem had disappeared, but when I turned the UAC back on and rebooted the error appeared again. So I turned it back off again now for good and all is well again, apart from the nag screen from Vista that is.
So how about resolving the other problem regarding the display lag in free navigation made and why cannot we have that in 3D mode as well as in route mode as that appears to be OK. It appears the problem is in the 2D mode.

Colin
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a similar issue with Vista and my x980t. The driver installs fine and when connected to the PC Vista 'dings' to recognise it's installed and actually appears to see the device but the x980t does nothing. It just stays on whatever page it was on and doesn't come up with the usual connection screen.

I have tried the motherboard driver updates and also found a USB Vista hotfix from Microsoft and neither appear to have helped.

Before I wasn't too bothered about the issue, but my XP laptop seems to keep failing to Sync with the x980t at random times saying 'sync failed'

I'm certain it's an issue with Vista, as I am having other strange issues.

Anyone got any ideas, as I work in ICT and I'm now stumped and may have to wait and see what the Vista SP1 fixes?

It looks like I may have to reinstall on the laptop, but does anyone know how to install the v7 software without having to install v6 onto the PC first as that's a real pain.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
I get a similar issue with Vista and my x980t. The driver installs fine and when connected to the PC Vista 'dings' to recognise it's installed and actually appears to see the device but the x980t does nothing. It just stays on whatever page it was on and doesn't come up with the usual connection screen.

I have tried the motherboard driver updates and also found a USB Vista hotfix from Microsoft and neither appear to have helped.

There was a windows update earlier this week for Vista. Did you apply this? That doesn't look if you did. I'm fteching my 980t NE this evening and I have a Vista 64bit, so I cross my fingers. I think that I'll try things out on my old XP first.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think the update applied automatically.

Just found a forum full pf people having loads of USB issues in Vista.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?forumID=133&threadID=215320&messageID=2298800 the last comment on the forum sounds interesting and I may try it when I get home.

Ok, so I found out why vista has problems installing USB drives. Here's how to fix it:

1. In C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository I had two folders named "usbstor.inf" but each one had a different set of numbers attached to the end of the folder name. - could this be where part of the problem lies?

2. When i looked in my C:\Windows\inf folder i discovered the usbstor.inf and usb stor.pnf files were missing - this definitely had to be an issue.

Once I discovered these anomalies, I proceeded to copy the pnf and inf files from the most recently updated usbstor.inf folder to C:\Windows\inf. I then went back to the update driver wizard, pointed to the inf folder and what do you know but they all started working again.

I did this for my ipod and as soon as I reconnected it, it recognized it and worked immediately.
This worked for my Vista Ultimate 64-bit hope it works for you.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been able to figure this one out at all... It's some issue with Vista as my desktop PC is dual boot and the x980t works fine under XP, but under Vista the driver is installed and the PC recognises the device? but I never get the connected screen on the x980t.

This has happened when using the same USB port on the PC so I know it's not something with the PC. If anyone figures out the Vista issue, please let me know. Laughing
carischila
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of motherboard is good for running a server? Me and a few friends are going to all chip in to buy a new computer specifically for running a server. To be exact, a maplestory private server when the files are released. I know what kind of cpu, ram, etc. i'm gonna get, i just dont know if there is such a thing as a good motherboard for running servers.

Last edited by carischila on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and ....

Eh??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: