Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 7 now on Sale - Warning U-Turn Ahead!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 7 now on Sale - Warning U-Turn Ahead!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Disgusting! Reply with quote

I'll add my voice to the chorus of disgust.

Only Version 7? This late? No Version 8? No USA?

TomTom is in a desperate tail spin! A bunch of losers!
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it should work on a HP2970 running WM6.1. The question is, does Nav 7 allow you to run the latest 830 maps?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s3dbw wrote:
The question is, does Nav 7 allow you to run the latest 830 maps?

Yes it does offer the v830 maps when you select Navigator 7 as the platform.
As for the application version number, what does it it really matter, this gets the latest maps which is the important thing, they could have called it "TomTom Naigator 9" and annoyed all the PND users - I fail to see the significance in a version number - Mike
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Navigator 7 now on Sale - Warning U-Turn Ahead! Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Retail price is £89.95 and TomTom's Navigator 7 micro-site here has full details and a compatibility table.

Hello Darren,

Your first post navigates you away from PGPSW if you click it.
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Disgusting! Reply with quote

Captain_Eric wrote:
I'll add my voice to the chorus of disgust.

Only Version 7? This late? No Version 8? No USA?

The difference between 7 and 8 is IQ routes and lane guidance images, or lack thereof. Also, TT7 for PDA has map correction functionality on the device, but no way to download corrections via TTHome. At least not on my generic devices and Home for Mac.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"TomTom Naigator 9" and annoyed all the PND users - I fail to see the significance in a version number - Mike

To TomTom its a paid for upgrade, To the buying public its the same as the previous version, In v8 i still see a 9yr old incorrect street name and and 5yr old unaltered major road changes despite reporting them over 6 times in the past 3 yrs.
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
cornz wrote:
Well, according to tomtom it doesnt work on anything less than WM6.1 which is frankly, pointless. All the ipaq 22x users cant run it as HP refuse to offer a WM6.x rom update so once again, those users are back to tt6.

In their defence, the 2210 is 8yrs old. You can't reasonable expect new software to be backwards compatible with devices of that age.

Good as the 2210 was (I still have mine) it's long since been superseded. HP's refusal or inability to offer a WM6 update is not TomTom's fault.

Up until a few months ago, the HX2790 was THE top of the range ipaq.
You could apply the same logic that XP is almost 10 years old but tomtom home still supports it. How many wm2003/5 users are out there? How many of them are using tomtom 6, how many would LOVE the opportunity to upgrade it? Lots is the answer. Its pure and simple ignorance and a "we dont care" attitude from tomtom. They deserve every lost sale. People are not going to stick to tomtom when others are manufacturing software thats as good and kept up to date.
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth you can upgrade the Ipaq 2000 series to WM6.1, however it is not an official upgrade.
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s3dbw wrote:
For what its worth you can upgrade the Ipaq 2000 series to WM6.1, however it is not an official upgrade.

I have done so but i have had to use a hacked version of the tomtom 7 app and purchase a map BUT A: i dont like using hacked software on my ipaq and secondly tomtom shouldn't force users into the posistion. I bought my map but could have easily hacked that as well. Tomtom need to realise that people wont be bullied into buying their own hardware when they have perfectley capable hardware.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a device to run Navigator 7. I don't have a PDA at present. Presumably these are available with a GPS receiver built in?

There are lots of HTC devices on tomtom's compatibility list but I don't know enough about them to work out which to get. I would only want to use it as a phone and for navigation. I don't really want a separate bluetooth GPS receiver unless they are much better than one which is built into a PDA?
Captain_Eric
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Instead of TT7? Reply with quote

Not to hijack the thread, but what are people switching to if not TomTom?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Instead of TT7? Reply with quote

Captain_Eric wrote:
but what are people switching to if not TomTom?

I-Go and McGuider seem to be the ones of choice that a lot of people have switched to, McGuider is the cheaper of the two and offers an interface very similar to that of TomTom.
Its a shame the Navigator 7 product wasn't released months ago as a great many loyal users won't go back to using it now, in addition the ridiculous list of supported devices doesn't help with future sales, TomTom shouldn't be dictating what PDA this will run on - The HTC products are decent devices but the list is woefully short IMHO - Mike
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely.

I have an HP914c, hardly an old PDA, it is running 6.1 yet it isn't 'officially' compatable/supported.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damned when they don't, damned when they do.

..er shouldn't this be in the Handheld section anyway?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my HTC X7510 Advantage last year in full expectation they'd bring out TTN7 "soon". It has WM6.1 and TTN6 on the 16GB Flash Disk. Bringing out TTN7 on Micro SD card isn't what I want. My HTC is not listed in the supported devices - I can't imagine it NOT working, but I don't want to risk that much money flying a kite, PLUS I want it on my FLash Disk, not a little Micro SD card. I've already wasted enough trying McGuider and Garmin Mobile XT. Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: