Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Method of payment for pgpsw camera database query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Method of payment for pgpsw camera database query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francisbell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Method of payment for pgpsw camera database query Reply with quote

I have no Paypal account but I notice when I click on your 'subscribe now' link I can pay for the pgpsw camera database via Paypal even if I have no Paypal account.

If I were to pay this way, how is the payment linked to the pgpsw website to allow downloads and does this method of payment allow downloads instantly?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Method of payment for pgpsw camera database query Reply with quote

Francisbell wrote:
I have no Paypal account but I notice when I click on your 'subscribe now' link I can pay for the pgpsw camera database via Paypal even if I have no Paypal account.

If I were to pay this way, how is the payment linked to the pgpsw website to allow downloads and does this method of payment allow downloads instantly?

Hello Steven,

You have fallen foul of a rather annoying issue with PayPal. Because we are selling a subscription which renews, you must have a PayPal account despite the suggestion on PayPal's site that you can pay by credit card. This is outside of our control but we have done our best to make this clear on the subscription page with this statement:

"All subscription payments are processed using PayPal‡ for which an account is required. If you do not have a PayPal account you will be prompted to create one. Customers who do not wish to use PayPal can follow this link for information on alternative payment options."

As stated, although PayPal is our preferred payment option, we understand that some of our members prefer not to use PayPal. For those we offer an alternative option of payment via NoChex (NoChex do not require that you have an account) and Cheques or Postal Orders.

please email us if you want more information on this: subscriptions AT pocketgpsworld.com
Francisbell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaFt,

I'm not sure who Steven is but thanks for the reply. I was aware of the NoChex method of payment but thought maybe something had changed with Paypal.

If I opt for the NoChex method of payment can the database be downloaded instantly and is the payment somehow automatically linked to my pgpsw account?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisbell wrote:
If I opt for the NoChex method of payment can the database be downloaded instantly and is the payment somehow automatically linked to my pgpsw account?

Yes and yes. So long as you are logged in here, when you subscribe we track your payment and link it to your logged in account.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisbell wrote:
Hi MaFt,

I'm not sure who Steven is but thanks for the reply. I was aware of the NoChex method of payment but thought maybe something had changed with Paypal.

Sorry Francisbell - it was a copy & paste from a regularly used support email... I could have sworn I changed the name and reference to credit cards...

Still, hopefully you get the gist!!!

MaFt
Francisbell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back and I'm still a little confused.

Please go through subscribing with Paypal with me.

1. I click your link to subscribe with Paypal

2. I arrive at a secure Paypal page but I don't have an account so I can't select the first option which is "Paypal - Pay quickly with Paypal. It's free and private

3. Should I select the other option which is "No Paypal account? Pay securely using your credit card" and continue the process? Does this actually create the reqired Paypal account because it doesn't say it will?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisbell wrote:
3. Should I select the other option which is "No Paypal account? Pay securely using your credit card" and continue the process? Does this actually create the reqired Paypal account because it doesn't say it will?

Yes.
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wanting to Hi-Jack the thread, but have just encountered a problem with renewing my subscription with a CC.

This time I was not offered the option for Nochexs and do not have (or want) a PayPal a/c.
Should I simply try the renewal system again just in-case I missed the option or am I likely to be billed twice if I do so?

edit
Okay I think I spotted where I went wrong.
I missed the "little" link where it says click here to pay by another method (or similar to that)
Can you make it a lot more clearer.
Which would then take me to the page on the this link:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/alternate-subscription.php

So I am going to assume I will not be billed twice as I obviously did not complete the PayPal details.

Your subscription will expire in:
3 days, 5 hours, 42 minutes, 41 seconds

edit (again)
Job done.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Your subscription will expire in:
1 year, 3 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes, 6 seconds
jieran
Spammer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jieran, Please refrain from posting spam links in the forum or your account will be removed, all your other posts have been removed due to spam links, I have chosen to edit your post in this thread and issue this warning - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: