Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 720 Bluetooth Paring fault
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 720 Bluetooth Paring fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Go 720 Bluetooth Paring fault Reply with quote

My new Bluetooth car stereo (SONY MEX BT5100) and my Go 720 has stopped 'pairing' since my latest Navcore update V8.302? Both devices can see each other when turn on but the go 720 reads something along the lines of "can not connect to device" or "device not supported by tomtom" The annoying thing is everything worked fine a few weeks ago (so I now it works). Is this a common fault and does anyone know of a fix?

I use it mainly for playing MP3 stored on my Go 720 to the Bluetooth audio device on the car stereo.

Appreciate all your help with this.

Regards,

Mark
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing to try is a reset of the TomTom by prodding a paperclip into the reset hole on the base of the device. My unit refuses to connect to the car deck from time to time, a reset cures the problem - Mike
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
First thing to try is a reset of the TomTom by prodding a paperclip into the reset hole on the base of the device. My unit refuses to connect to the car deck from time to time, a reset cures the problem - Mike

Sorry Mike should have mentioned, I have already tried a paperclip reset but to no avail Crying or Very sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these *might* be it.....

I successfully use a 720 with a Sony BMex 3600, but with the amount of mucking about I do with different TomTom software etc, I sometimes have to re-pair them.
Yesterday, just for a giggle, I used the icon found in Change Preferences / Bluetooth Preferences / Connect to Bluetooth Device.
This DOESN'T work to pair to the radio - it seems to be only for pairing to a phone.

You have to do it from Change Preferences / Speaker Preferences , where once you have selected Bluetooth for the music it will attempt to pair.

Alternatively, on older software I had to use the Bluetooth "fix" from HERE, in order to pair with the Sony, but on more recent software I haven't had to.
Always worth a try if you are having problems though. Basically, it makes the TomTom less "picky" about what it pairs with.
TS5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether it is related to your problem or not, but my 720 (Navcore V8.302) refuses to establish GPRS connection via Bluetooth with my Nokia E50. With old navcore (7.221) all worked normally.

I know several people who have similar problem with navcore 8.xxx, phones are all different.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TS5 wrote:
I don't know whether it is related to your problem or not, but my 720 (Navcore V8.302) refuses to establish GPRS connection via Bluetooth with my Nokia E50. With old navcore (7.221) all worked normally.

I know several people who have similar problem with navcore 8.xxx, phones are all different.

Similar type of problem here. have N95 8Gb and TT720 - latest maps and stuff.
I have to pair both units every time near enough for the phone to make a connection. Either that or I have to put up with an announcement every 10 mins or so telling me that the phone is not connected, please check something or other. The phone icon on the TT shows the phone connected by the way, and shortly after start up I get the written confirmation on TT that the phone is connected.

I have to pair them and confirm 'trusted devices' nearly every time, especially if the TT has been working and I have not had BT on the phone turned on. Only way I can think around it is to turn BT off by default and turn it on every time I want to use it.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phone issue is not really anything to do with the car stereo issue, the phone mode uses the BT Handsfree profile, the car stereo needs the BT A2DP profile.

I use both my phone and car deck with the TomTom via the Bluetooth interface without too many issues, although at times getting them to work can be fun - Mike
pendlemac
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TS5 wrote:

I had this problem with my Sony Xperia X1 on moving from 8.301 to 8.302.

I was going to revert back, but decided on one last try to get it working.

Deleting the phone from the 720 and the 720 from the phone, resetting both devices ( paperclip on 720, power buttion down for 5+ sec on phone ) and then re-syncing seems to have cured it.

( How do you do a crossed-fingers 'smiley'? Very Happy )
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pendlemac wrote:
[

I had this problem with my Sony Xperia X1 on moving from 8.301 to 8.302.
I was going to revert back, but decided on one last try to get it working.
Deleting the phone from the 720 and the 720 from the phone, resetting both devices ( paperclip on 720, power buttion down for 5+ sec on phone ) and then re-syncing seems to have cured it.

( How do you do a crossed-fingers 'smiley'? Very Happy )

Many thanks Pendlemac, done it just now and will see what happens, sounds a good idea mind.

Bob
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone's advise and help on here, I seemed to have cured the pairing issue (for the time being at least). To be honest I am not sure how I acheived it I guess a combination of Hifix download (thanks Andy), paperclip reset, deleting the 720 profile from the stereo and re-pairing etc, etc, etc anyway thanks again guys a cold beer is on it's way to all of you as a thank you!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be the hififix that did it.

I too am having bluetooth problems with 8.302 that were not present in previous releases - I can pair fine with my JVC KD-AVX44 and play music, but it randomly disconnects and about the only cure seems to be disabling BT on the TT and then enabling it again.

Also, there are intermittent drop outs of audio - the connection is not dropped, just a 1/4 of a second without music. Keeps doing this and it is totally random. If I go back to 8.010 it doesn't happen.

Oh, and the handsfree still randomly locks up or only one way audio - they can hear me but I get nothing. When this happens I lose ALL audio output on the TT - no navigation instructions etc until I do a paperclip reset.

Basically, the TT BT implementation is not as good as it should be, but then again it never has been as the occasional lock up whilst in a call has occurred since day one across 6 or 7 x20 devices. The only way out of this was a reset as you could not power off as the TT would just reboot.

I use a Nokia 6300 and a Motorola V3, and it happens with both phones. The Nokia has the very latest firmware on it, not updated the V3 for about 2 years now!
Andy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
It will be the hififix that did it.
{snip}
Also, there are intermittent drop outs of audio - the connection is not dropped, just a 1/4 of a second without music. Keeps doing this and it is totally random. If I go back to 8.010 it doesn't happen.

Funny how we are all getting different effects Stop it!

Rather than a drop-out to silence, Mike A. is having problems with a momentary repeat of a section of music just before a navigation voice instruction, but I'm having neither problem.

And I *used* to have to use the HiFi Fix, but haven't had too for the last few software versions I've used.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had to use the hififix with the JVC - I spent hours in halfords testing which units would and would not pair.

Then I loaded hififix and the TT discovered about 200 devices it possibly would pair with whilst stood in Halfords!! This included all of the Sony units that would not be seen previously. This was a while back on 7.481 IIRC.

I rang Mike A at the time as I was amazed at what it did see with hififix enabled!

Are you having the problem where if audio is streaming and you then enable the BT remote all hell breaks loose for about 5 seconds - stuttering directions audio etc???

Andy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

Are you having the problem where if audio is streaming and you then enable the BT remote all hell breaks loose for about 5 seconds - stuttering directions audio etc???

I've not got a remote... Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: