Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: SatMap Route Planner and Route Share - Beta Trial Invitation Reply with quote

We have received an email from Richard Calthrop-Owen at Satmap this evening.

Satmap are aware that a number of you are as frustrated as they are with the delay in the release of the Route Planner software. They are working as hard as they can to get this released and as a demonstration of their desire to get you all involved they have very kindly extended an invitation to participate in the Beta Trial to all PocketGPS Active10 Owners.

Please bear in mind that the system is still being tested and it is not a fully stable public release. Your feedback will be welcomed and please feel free to test every aspect and provide Satmap with your views and findings.

As this is a Beta please do not post opinion and issues in the PGPS forums but instead direct to Satmap as requested. Any posts discussing aspects of the Beta trial in the public forums will be removed.

Lets all get on-board and use some of that boundless energy to help Satmap be as good as we all know they deserve to be!

Enjoy.

BETA TRIAL ACCESS INFORMATION
(Route Planner & Route Share)

IMPORTANT NOTE: as this is NOT the full release version of the Online Route Planner and Route Share Forum, the process does NOT flow smoothly, you will have to access each page as a separate action: there are no links from each stage to the next. This temporary measure reflects the fact that this Beta trial exists to test the functionality of the Planner and Forum not the page links.

If you are NOT comfortable with this Beta version, then please do NOT use it. Our objective is to gather all the feedback and release the full and final version on or about the 16th March.

Fundamental to this is the need for feedback. It is clear from our previous experiences that no matter how much we test software, there is no way we can test it on a scale large enough to stress the system or varied enough to allow for every eventuality. Therefore, we ask that users provide this feedback via the following e-mail address:

support@satmap.com

How to access the Route Planner and the Route Share Forum:

Step 1:
To gain access to the Route Planner and Route Share, you must be registered. To register your unit, go here.

Step 2:
Once you are registered, you need to close the registration page and open this link to the feature access page.

Use your registered Email Address and Serial Number to accept the Terms and Conditions for each product.

Step 3:
You can then access the following sites if you have accepted the relevant Terms and Conditions:
Route Planner
Route Share

Step 4:
You will have to save these as a favourite for the time being as there will not be main links on the website until we have fully reviewed the feedback from this extended Beta trial.

Known Outstanding Issues:
  1. Help File: this has not been included at this stage: until the products are finalised it would not be a very constructive use of time.
  2. In the Route Share, the Google Earth Mode is a brand new feature and some functions in displaying route information do not work currently.
  3. In the Route Share, when submitting a route, you do not yet have a full country list. This is coming next week.

Edit once to alter Route Share URL Link - Mike Alder

Last edited by Darren on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very welcome move by Satmap and one that should provide them with vital feedback from various different users of the active10 - I see this as both proactive and positive - Mike
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment the Route Planner link works but the Route Share fails. Nice thing for them to do, though.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope SATMAP have been told that Route Share fails!
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just registered my unit (and got an auto e-mail confirmation) but when I try to access the next stage, I just get a message saying "There is no record with that e-mail address and serial"

How long after registering do you have to wait before this link works? Is there a process they have to do at Satmap before it's available - as it's Saturday, I guess I might have to wait until Monday but I'd have expected this to be all automatic - ?
nonoftheabove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i entered my registration
second time round.
what i found was that the ref number is Case Dependent
it required a purchase date which frankly i cant remember just made one up.
my initial registration all those months back well the unit has been replaced
completely and it has no idea of previous registration

In answer to previous OP i got onto the planning route software straight away.
Remember to tag the page as a favourite as that will be the only way to acces this page till the software is fully rolled out
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest phoning/emailing them. I've just had a problem too, trying to register my unit.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preferably via the support email address as requested please.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Hope SATMAP have been told that Route Share fails!
Hi David, please be advised the URL Link in the original text was slightly wrong for the Route Share option, this has now been corrected so it does work - give it a try by clicking the link in step 3 - Mike
Soldado
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, look at all the routes in the Netherlands - 98 when I just looked, must be popular over there?

I registered my Satmap last night, just got it, and logged in no problems today, I'm guessing it takes a little while to get sorted out into system?
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm that Route Share does now work with the corrected link.
muggerb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm registered, everytime I try to log onto Route Share I get bounced back to the initial Register your Active 10 page!

Route Planner works great though - except height info doesn't get transferred.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muggerb, try again logging in a second time and it should work - I had similar when I first started using this, after the initial account creation and minor hiccup it has worked fine - Mike
muggerb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Mike, but tried a few times now and it doesn't seem to want to know Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would e-mail SatMap and they should respond in the morning, there is nothing wrong with their site as I have just logged in and its all working fine for me (that is of little help to you though, other than you know ts not their site).

The device number is case sensitive so please make sure you enter that in uppercase, can you see anything on screen if you click Here - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: