Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Road Angel 7000 & Memory Map Help Required Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Angel 7000 & Memory Map Help Required Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigmark68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Road Angel 7000 & Memory Map Help Required Please Reply with quote

Just purchased a Road Angel 7000 and downloaded the software to make Memory Map work on it from here http://www.blackspot.com/support/navigator7000/adventurer7000.html.

This all works fine and records tracks etc,etc and is operating Memory Map version 5.2.0 build 772. I think this is a trial version though and I am not sure if I will need to do something else to keep it working after 30 days.

I already have original licensed copy of Memory Map which is loaded on my PC but it is an older version of Memory Map version 5.0.0 build 608.

The problem is that when I try to get them to communicate with each other I get the following error messages when I try to import data from recorded tracks from the Memory Map on the Road Angel to the Memory Map on the PC :

This file was created in a newer version of the software
&
mobile.mmo contains an incorrect schema

Is there a fix I can use to resolve this?

I have also encountered this problem when my mates have sent me tracks or routes that they have created in a newer version of memory map.

I am able to export data from the pc to the road angel using the export data to pda function so the two units can clearly communicate with each other but it seems this only works from pc to the road angel and not from road angel to the pc.

I do not really want to change things too much if I do not have to as my exisitng Memory Map version 5.0.0 build 608 on the pc works well with my pda running memory map so ideally would like to find a way of getting the two versions of memory map to talk to each other.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Wink

Thanks

Mark
GeoffC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the MM PC software, the format of the .mmo file changed at V5.2.7 - this is indicated in the .mmo file by the format version number. It is backwards compatible with previous versions but those earlier versions are not forwards compatible, i.e. a .mmo file produced by V5.2.7 cannot be read by by V5.1.3 and earlier.
The Road Angel version 5.2.0 build 772 must use the new file format, so the only solution (apart from hacking into the .mmo files with a hex editor and knowing the format) is to update your PC software to V5.2.7, which unfortunately means negotiating the obstacle course of the new online registration scheme.
I don't think any of the available conversion tools can convert to the new format yet.
rothers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To import data from Memory Map CE 5.2.0 build 772 you need at least Memory Map Navigator 5.1.3 on your PC.

I'd strongly advise against upgrading to Navigator 5.2.7 as it contains a new licensing system that is more trouble than it's worth.

You can download the 5.1.3 Navigator update from here:

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/downloads/mmv5/mmv5_os_513.exe
bigmark68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

rothers wrote:
To import data from Memory Map CE 5.2.0 build 772 you need at least Memory Map Navigator 5.1.3 on your PC.

I'd strongly advise against upgrading to Navigator 5.2.7 as it contains a new licensing system that is more trouble than it's worth.

You can download the 5.1.3 Navigator update from here:

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/downloads/mmv5/mmv5_os_513.exe

Cheers for the info guys.

I now have MM V5.1.3 running on the PC, Road Angel and PDA and the routes I had which I could not open are all working fine now Very Happy

Thanks again for the help.

Mark

Last edited by bigmark68 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

bigmark68 wrote:
Does any one have a download link for OS 1:25 scale maps for North Yorkshire?
Mark, Please don't make requests for what is stolen goods, we don't allow this on the forum - if you need specific maps look at the official channels i.e. Memory Map, although the one you want will cost a small fortune! - Mike
bigmark68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
bigmark68 wrote:
Does any one have a download link for OS 1:25 scale maps for North Yorkshire?
Mark, Please don't make requests for what is stolen goods, we don't allow this on the forum - if you need specific maps look at the official channels i.e. Memory Map, although the one you want will cost a small fortune! - Mike

Sorry Mike

I have edited my post.

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: