Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Navman S models
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Navman S models
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TangoCharlie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the S100T

Lets just say that the 'T' side of the unit is rubbish!
I only had it work once. It never updates and rarely gets a signal. When I did it warned me of an incident 20 miles away on the other side of the carriage-way!

I have switched back to a TomTom.

I was slightly warming to the Navman, I usually use 2D display but its only when the Navman is used in 3D that it looks very nice.

In conclusion, the touch screen was frustraiting! Some useful functions/options were at the bottom of a list meaning you have to scroll down. Scrolling on the Navman was a pain. You place your finger on the screen to slide and scroll and an option you mistakenly pressed comes up! Fiddley and not what you need when you are waiting at traffic lights or wanting to set off for home!
It also takes a good while to boot up from cold

It is a beautiful size and weighs very little, but thats about it!

Tc

Tc
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Navman S100T Reply with quote

I have to say of all the units I have used, the Traffic function picked up a better signal on the new Navman than anything else (including the Navman S90i which really struggled) - and that is here in Wales, where we get very little signal. It wasnt working all of the time, but near a main city there was no problem. Better than expected

Scrolling is also a breeze - but some people take to modern touch screen systems, others don't. So I guess that is personal choice. Its just different to what you are used to and can adapt to

The Spirit easily beats my TomTom hands down for ease of use and clarity of view (I use the 3D maps) as well as best spoken directions

The only place I see a tomtom better are live traffic HD (but you pay heavily for this) and more frequent updates
onerow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: S200 Regional, being sold as S200 Europe - Care! Reply with quote

Hi all - just a quick 'heads up', and sorry if I've missed a post covering this.

Bought an S200 (Europe) for £179.13 including vat online (additions direct) to replace my old Navman - seemed like a good deal, except it is only the Regional (UK & ROI) model. Not only that, Navman won't sell me the product key to open the Western Europe maps that already exist on the CD, and that I need for my work. Mad, or what?!

Looks like we're going to get 'legal' over this (not a problem, I spent over three years working in County Courts).

So please do be careful if tempted by any of the 'Shop Direct Group' offers - or else buy one, and claim the difference back between this one and the full model.
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked the Navman website and looks like there is a regional and European version. Why don't you contact additions and get them to swap the UK version for the European version. Sounds like they just sent you the wrong one.
onerow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: S200 Regional / Europe Reply with quote

Problem at the moment is getting a reply from them. I can't find anyone else selling the Europe version (apart from other companies in their group), so I think it will be coming later - especially as Navman won't release a key for the maps.

As 'additions' only list the S200 Europe and S300, I think it is a cock-up in their buying department, and they will have to swap mine for the S300 as a free upgrade (must have Europe maps for trip on Monday).
kevlegs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will we be able to get USA maps for the S300?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: