Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice problem after 8.3 on 720
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks guys !
mort66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: 910 voice probs Reply with quote

hi all , mines playing up after upgrade. the voice is very slow so i have to switch off then on to fix which is a pain. i tried to restore with back up but keep getting error so i am stuffed. do tomtom let you go back a version is there a download page anywhere ?? Twisted Evil
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go here
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any significance in that my 8.15 map update came with the option of downloading Kate V7...and that on the short journeys I have done...only 3 there have been no stuttering at all ? Is this Kate the same as the one being offered here which would mean that TT have responded by making it available on downloads ?

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazza,
if you go into Home and check Kate and the more info button, it will tell wether its v7 or v710.

This is different from what Andy posted way back on page 7 for 2 reasons.

1. The Kate back then was v7
2. TT Home would not accept this voice was compatible with your device.

So in answer to your question, it is significant as, TT have at least realised that it makes things better and so updated it to v710 and also made it downloadable with x20 devices.
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked...in TomTom language V7 actually means V693...which is what it says I have.

Its as clear as mud really. I haven't been on any long journeys or complex ones yet so I don't really know if I have the stuttering problem. I know some people don't have the problem at all but whilst I'd like to think I'm one of the lucky ones.....

I suppose I could just load the V7.1 and be done with it but I'm interested to see if I have the problem.....I'm using the train a lot at the moment so I'm not sure when I'll give it a real test...probably the weekend....

Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just made a big mistake following TT customer service instructions to fix the stutter and slow map refresh. They e-mailed me to say:

Quote:
On your device you may have a corrupt file that is causing the noise distotion when you use the computer voices. The solution to this is to completely remove the software from your device and reinstall it again as described in the steps below.

I followed their instructions. 1st attemp left me with Navcore V7.24 or something similar. Problem is that I have v815 maps Twisted Evil

Reconnected to TT Home and reinstalled V8.3 Navcore from TT Home. On power up, TT GO 920 will not get beyond the TT drum roll!

Also tried to reinstall a the back-up. Then the TT GO 920 gets beyond the drum roll but gets stuck at the splash screen Crying or Very sad

I haqve left an urgent message with TT support but it's the weekend Evil or Very Mad

Any suggestionson how to get back to the status quo?
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveee,
Try the paperclip reset in the bottom of the unit while it is frozen, hold it in for a few seconds. If that doesn't work then try formatting the unit, a complete format not a quick format with windows explorer, then reinstall everything again from your back up. Make sure you have the latest tomtom home as well.
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Kate Reply with quote

Please can someone post a link to Kate 7.10 as I would liketo try it to see if it stops the stammer on my 720 version 8.204 and map 810.1940. Tomtom says "you cant run on this device". Also if I have moved my map and voices to the SD card, what files do I need to leave on the internal memory i.e I have removed the old map but can I delete the voice files and others from the internal memory. I hope this makes sense as I am trying to froo space on the internal drive.Thank-you.Mark.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you are using a v810 map there is no point in updating the software beyond v8,010 so I would put that back on the unit and it will work fine.

You only need the newer applications if/ when you are going to use v815 maps - Mike
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullyterrier, I tried all those suggestions using the backup I created yesterday and it still gets frozen at the TT drum roll screen. Crying or Very sad

I then remembered Idea I created another backup in November when I upgraded to Navcore 8.3. I used this one and it now works. Very Happy
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Kate the only voice that seems to work with 8.204 & 8.15 maps?

I installed 8.204 Via Winrar yesterday and installed the 4 V7 voices in my Lonquendo folder but kate is the only one that is offered as a computer voice choice.

Other than this the 8.20 app & 8.15 map N/A seems to work well.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice folders should be placed in the following directory:

LoquendoTTS/ data/voices/

If you have just put the voice folders straight in the LoquendoTTS folder I am not too sure the device will pick them up for use - Mike
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike I will try that.
It seems that this is still an issue with all the chat regarding voice & 8.204 or 8.30
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First run today with my 720. Not a long run....20 miles round trip but lots of side roads and roundabouts. I'm on the 8.30/8.15 combo...on my new 720. The only thing I have added/changed apart from the os/maps is update with mapshare...so no additional POIs or Speed cameras other then what comes with the device.

I had no problems at all with Kate...I know this problem can creep up on you....and she worked flawlessly with some long winded descriptions. Very impressed by the speed of recalculations and the map refresh was fine to me. Only odd thing was when I was 400 yards from my home turning slightly in the country.....it told me that "turn left in 400 yards" then failed to remind me and say road name when I got there. Yet is a short run the other day it did do it "turn left into Campbell Road. The map showed the turning being highlighted today but not a peep from kate. I put it down to a blip rather then anything else. The windscreen mount worked amazingly well and is so easy to remove I might just continue to use it.

Time will tell I know but I intend to leave my 720 as it is, fairly bare, and see what happens. So far very impressed and better then my TT6 on my phone...or so it seems

Last edited by topgazza on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 27 of 49

Jump to: