Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Newsletter Format
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Newsletter Format
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyinSom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: new format Reply with quote

great, much improvement.
I have a 19" flat screen resolution 1280 1024 and use IE7. Your layout hugs the lefthand half of the screen only, if fixed width at least centre it.
Your textline heading 'speedcamera database updated' GOTO took me to lifetime subscriber!
Im not seeing this offwhite background which I would much prefer.
Keep on with the good work
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: new format Reply with quote

TonyinSom wrote:
great, much improvement.
I have a 19" flat screen resolution 1280 1024 and use IE7. Your layout hugs the lefthand half of the screen only, if fixed width at least centre it.

It's a Newsletter, designed to be read in a Mail client.
Quote:
Your textline heading 'speedcamera database updated' GOTO took me to lifetime subscriber!

Spotted too late to correct on the email version but corrected in the live on-line version.
Quote:
Im not seeing this offwhite background which I would much prefer.
Keep on with the good work

There was never an off-white background, the text was originally a lighter shade of grey, the current live version is a darker shade.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i0i wrote:
Much better. The old news letter was a constant source of amusement to me, in Thunderbird all the text would appear about two pages off to the right. I had to scroll sideways to find it. Actually, I looked forward to the crazy scrolling layout, but this new format is much easier to read.

You still have some Thunderbird issues. The first few lines of this new newsletter appear like this;
"function viewOnLoad() { if (document.location.href.indexOf('spi=1') != -1) { if (navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('msie') != -1) { window.print(); } else { window.setTimeout(window.print, 10); } } if (document.location.href.indexOf('hgd=1') != -1) { var footer = document.getElementById("view-footer"); if (footer) { footer.style.display = 'none'; } } } Web Bug from http://rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1102355973445.0.1100360207501.107195&ts=S0369&o=http://ui.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif"

Then the rest of it displays nicely. As mentioned, the text is a touch pale. The grey is nice, but could be a little darker.
Nice width, it's easy to read, and the different sections are more clear.

thunderbird on both mac and pc are fine here... have you tried disabling any add-ons?

MaFt
t16tomcat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: new layout Reply with quote

Yes, much better layout, easier to read, keep it !!
jonl60
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Thumbs UP Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up from me for the latest newsletter format.
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on the URL in the email which claims to be the latest which according to the calander should be today - 12th - But you get last weeks - 5th. :-(
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: I saw it first! Reply with quote

I spotted that duff link first. I claim my lifetime membership Very Happy
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A horse box? Whats all that about? They dont set them up in there do they? Pic 14 and there is a camper van too? Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishlist wrote:
A horse box? Whats all that about? They dont set them up in there do they? Pic 14 and there is a camper van too? Laughing

The jokes on you then because both are speed cameras!

North Wales Police took to hiding a trap in a horse box and the 'camper van' is actually Derbyshire's unmarked camera van.

Both discussed in these forums.

Last edited by Darren on Tue May 28, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSBear wrote:
I clicked on the URL in the email which claims to be the latest which according to the calander should be today - 12th - But you get last weeks - 5th. :-(

An oversight on my part now corrected Embarassed
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The jokes on you then because both are speed cameras!
Blimy! Not much of a joke then. Everyone has a horse box down my way! Now I am really paranoid. Does my neighbour secretly work for the police I wonder? Shocked
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope they don't adopt the methods of our continental friends. They can be hidden in wheelie bins, in the grills of unmarked cars which are parked so as to appear broken down (complete with warning triangle) and on small tripods on the side's of M-Ways with the patrol car hidden out of sight.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Newsletter & Magellan purchase of Navman et al Reply with quote

Just got around to reading the Newsletter as I've been travelling around a a bit since its latest publication. I can understand the comment about greater number of readers as I find it very readable and content is, as always, interesting.
I note the comment about Magellan....but going of at a slight tangent, what is happening about the Mio, Navman group at the moment? In October, great announcement (you guys attended it) about the new range for the UK and since then only one model has appeared mainly through Halfords (the S100T). In Europe there should have been the eight new models available but no sign of them at the moment apart from models being marketed in Latvia and Slovenia. Different branding on the Australian models which were available in November but I find it quite strange that all this fanfare then a damp squib.
Anyone know what is going on - or am I missing something?

Kee p up the good work.....

Graham (In Switzerland) Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: