Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Navman S models
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Navman S models
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
AIUI, going forward Navman is the brand in the UK with Mio branded devices reserved for other territories?

AIUI Question

Yes, I know, but isn't it strange that the launch press release was in the UK in English - the the link above. ( http://www.mio-tech.be/en/mio-technology-press-releases-mio-extends-the-moov-range.htm )

I was wondering if they are going to release them for UK buyers as well. Be unlikely, I suppose ,competing against themselves.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
AIUI Question

As I Understand It Smile
Quote:
Yes, I know, but isn't it strange that the launch press release was in the UK in English - the the link above. ( http://www.mio-tech.be/en/mio-technology-press-releases-mio-extends-the-moov-range.htm )

I was wondering if they are going to release them for UK buyers as well. Be unlikely, I suppose ,competing against themselves.

It's a question we will seek clarification on, it was certainly the intention that Mio and Navman would not compete but would use whichever brand was the most dominant or perceived the best in each market.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New Navman S models Reply with quote

ccs_digital wrote:
They are on the Tesco website too.

Look very like the new Mio models (no surprise there I suppose) and both seem to feature 3D mapping and local search.

Looks like image on Tesco's website is wrong -- New Zealand and Australian previews (no reviews yet) of new Platinum range are here and here.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New Navman S models Reply with quote

TheM wrote:
ccs_digital wrote:
They are on the Tesco website too.

Look very like the new Mio models (no surprise there I suppose) and both seem to feature 3D mapping and local search.

Looks like image on Tesco's website is wrong -- New Zealand and Australian previews (no reviews yet) of new Platinum range are here and here.

Dunno, the pics on the NZ, Aussie, Tesco and Mio Moov web sites all look fairly similar. Differences in mapping both for NZ & for Australia and for Europe but all have similar basic features. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose. Product names are different too.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: New Units Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
Mio have already announced their new line up - with Navmans likely to be identical but with reduced model numbers

See http://www.mio-tech.be/en/mio-technology-press-releases-mio-extends-the-moov-range.htm

Hi xtraseller, I have been researching the new Mio Moov devices and looking at what sparse info is available for the new S devices in the UK. The EU only Mio device the Mio Moov 580 Europe Plus model is one that would suit me best but would you know what drawbacks I might have in buying this in Europe against getting a Navman of nearly similar specs in the UK. At the moment, Navman have given no indication of launching the higher spec model only the S100, which certainly does not give me what I need.
Dabri
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: New Navman S100 / 300 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am also looking to renew my association with a Navman GPS (if they fix the POI limit) and came across this site (below), current.com, that reckons the S100 will be released in November 2008. Unfortunately, apart from the Tesco site indicating its existence I have seen no mention of S300 release date.

http://www.24timepass.com/technologies-stuff/navman-s100-gps-system-features-and-review.htm
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are a great number of sites now offering the S100 but nothing apart from Tesco mentioning the S300. I have sent for info from Navman and if I get a response, I will post here.

I notice you Life membership at the bottom. Have you asked for it to be tagged? here
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Just had a call from a friend at Navman. All the new Platinum range of Navman’s will be available towards the end of the week. The Australian site lists the new models and also they have a free 2009 upgrade map offer.

Looks like Australia and New Zealand will be the first with the new models.

http://www.navman.com/Navman/Templates/standardcontent____70424.aspx

I will be picking mine up ASAP. Downloaded the manual and the new S300T unit seems far better than the S90i that I have. Will be selling my S90i when I receive the new S300T.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you Laughing Specs look very good. Meanwhile, back in the old UK, still no news of what we can expect. Looks like I may have to buy a Mio Moov from Europe as I cannot wait much longer here as I need a new unit before Christmas for a long European trip.
Let the Forum know how you get on with your new S300T.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Meanwhile, back in the old UK, still no news of what we can expect.

S100 UK release details are here, says available November 2008, RRP 199 UKP.
Navman UK site already has S100 on it, but can't buy it yet.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheM wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:
Meanwhile, back in the old UK, still no news of what we can expect.

S100 UK release details are here, says available November 2008, RRP 199 UKP.
Navman UK site already has S100 on it, but can't buy it yet.

Yes, TheM, that is very interesting and only duplicates the PGPSW review . What I am looking for is the S300 which equates roughly I believe, to the Mio Moov 580 European Plus which has all europe maps including 11 eastern europe, it has FM so that instructions, music etc can be played through the car sterio radio & built in TMC & a host of other goodies and will sell in Europe at Euro 279 which equates to about £223 - only £24 more than the S100.
Navman are being very shy about the S300 which so far has only been mentioned on Tesco Direct web site.
I have spoken to my son in Switzerland and he is waiting for the 580EP to be made available in CH, and he will then tell me - I will then possibly buy that rather than wait for the UK version.
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Lucky you Laughing Specs look very good. Meanwhile, back in the old UK, still no news of what we can expect. Looks like I may have to buy a Mio Moov from Europe as I cannot wait much longer here as I need a new unit before Christmas for a long European trip.
Let the Forum know how you get on with your new S300T.

Hi Gee-Pee

I will let you know about the new S300T when I get it. Should be by end of week.
Pity that it will not yet be in the old UK, but like I said it is about time that we here down under get a worlds first.

AJ53

Navman S90i
Version ID - 5.10.0026
BuildTime - 01/02/2008
SmartST 2008 - Australian Maps

Sydney Australia
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gee-Pee

You can go to the Australian Navman web site and check out the S300T. There is also a link to download the manual.

Checked over the manual so now only have to wait a few days to get the S300T.

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008
SmartST 2009 - Navteq Australian Maps

Sydney Australia
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ53 wrote:
Hi Gee-Pee

You can go to the Australian Navman web site and check out the S300T. There is also a link to download the manual.

Hi AJ53 Yes, checked it out - only makes me more jealous. I do notice that you will have Navteq mapping not Tele-atlas. Now that's a change for Navman Smile

BTW, at Aus $699, I make that about £280, is that right? That's quite a hefty price.
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
AJ53 wrote:
Hi Gee-Pee

Hi AJ53 Yes, checked it out - only makes me more jealous. I do notice that you will have Navteq mapping not Tele-atlas. Now that's a change for Navman Smile

BTW, at Aus $699, I make that about £280, is that right? That's quite a hefty price.

Hi Gee-Pee

The price is high but normally I get them for a very cheap price as I do a lot of driving and give then map problems when I come across them. Anyway I can still sell the old 90i for about $300.00. That makes at lot of difference. The new 1 should cost me around $200.00

Changing from Tele-atlas to avteq, not sure. What are they like?

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008
SmartST 2009 - Navteq Australian Maps

Sydney Australia

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: