Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 7 with Custom POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 7 with Custom POI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrix1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: TomTom 7 with Custom POI Reply with quote

Hello, i have got tomtom 7 installed on my HTC touch with the latest UK & IE maps.

Now i have got a custom POI that i have created for my work to make my life easier to navigate to places i need to visit.

I noticed when i click
Navigate to, POI, i only recieve options of POI Near You, POI In City , POI near Home or "Previous Destination"

I have POIs dotted all over the country and what i did in the previous version was select the poi and away i went.
The radius of the POIs seem to be around 10 miles.
Is there any way i can increase this or allow me to see the whole list of POI without having to search or type the letters of the destination?

Thanks.

Matrix
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 7 with Custom POI Reply with quote

matrix1 wrote:

I noticed when i click
Navigate to, POI, i only recieve options of POI Near You, POI In City , POI near Home or "Previous Destination"

Thanks.

Matrix

Hi,

Sounds pretty normal to me?, even for version 6 this happens. Think it was slightly different in v5 ?

What happens after you have clicked these buttons, say POI Near You?

You should then get a few recently used POI's categories?

Click on the big Right arrow to then take you to the full custom and tomtom list of POI.

Once you have your list up, the radius for selecting them is unlimited as far as i know, i have POI in Ibiza showing up in my own personal catergory and thats not even using the search/find.
However, if you have lots of 'same named' in the poi`s catergory, only a limited number are shown in the list.

Hope that helps ?

MPW
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about TomTom 7 on the HTC but other versions now only show the first 24 POIs in the selection (could be around 10 miles but it depends on how many you have set).

The only way found so far is to either select the city or point on the map to start from and search for the nearest to that. Sad
Brodit ProClip mount
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know the name of the location, there is always the Find button which will do a Text Search of the names.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
only show the first 24 POIs in the selection (could be around 10 miles but it depends on how many you have set).

I just double checked my own personal POI category,
if i goto Navigate To, Point of Interest, POI near Home, Right Arrow, select MyPOIs category, i am given back my complete list of the POIs within that category- i counted them and there are 58 listed POIs ( without a search ) - going from 0.75M to 881M away!

Also tried doing a Find POI nearby on the Browse Map, and i get the same result.

Incidently, i did the same thing on the main scdb poi, i get it to show the first 100 cameras in the list, going from 1.25M to 12.M
if i wanted to search for one, i can and i get it to find one about 213 miles away.

Hope that helps?

MPW
matrix1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpwilson99 wrote:
Hi,
Sounds pretty normal to me?, even for version 6 this happens. Think it was slightly different in v5 ?

What happens after you have clicked these buttons, say POI Near You?

You should then get a few recently used POI's categories?

Click on the big Right arrow to then take you to the full custom and tomtom list of POI.

Once you have your list up, the radius for selecting them is unlimited as far as i know, i have POI in Ibiza showing up in my own personal catergory and thats not even using the search/find.
However, if you have lots of 'same named' in the poi`s catergory, only a limited number are shown in the list.

Hope that helps ?

MPW

I tried to not use the search and find, however my version of TT seems to be different than yours. When i click the arrow i select the POI category and then look into the list of avaliable options, which are around 2 pages but only a 10 mile radius not the whole of the POI itself.

Oldboy wrote:
If you know the name of the location, there is always the Find button which will do a Text Search of the names.

Yes that works fine.

mpwilson99 wrote:
I just double checked my own personal POI category,
if i goto Navigate To, Point of Interest, POI near Home, Right Arrow, select MyPOIs category, i am given back my complete list of the POIs within that category- i counted them and there are 58 listed POIs ( without a search ) - going from 0.75M to 881M away!

Also tried doing a Find POI nearby on the Browse Map, and i get the same result.

Incidently, i did the same thing on the main scdb poi, i get it to show the first 100 cameras in the list, going from 1.25M to 12.M
if i wanted to search for one, i can and i get it to find one about 213 miles away.

Hope that helps?

MPW

I can use the search function with no problems.
Just would be nicer if i could see the whole list rather than a 10mile radius.

Ok, Open TT, Click Navigate To, select POI, i have only the 4 options, no big arrow yet. POI Near you, POI in City, POI Near Home, Previous POI used.
Click POI near home as its the only option to use really. Click the POI i wish.
Ok 2 scroll pages with 24 POIs. Search shows the ones i wish to navigate to, but i would rather have all the POIs listed.

Any idea?
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ok 2 scroll pages with 24 POIs. Search shows the ones i wish to navigate to, but i would rather have all the POIs listed. "

HOLD ON!

I remember now ( and just double check this ), YES this IS something which happens in version 7 !
Just another annoyance I have with version 7 ! Twisted Evil

All POI categories in version 7, whether a tomtom one or custom only show the first 24 POI in the list. This is regardless of distance!

I do stand corrected Embarassed , at least for your version which you are using!

Sorry, i dont know of any way to get it to show more, and dont really know why the software was disabled to show only a very limited number?

Long live version 6 !

Regards

MPW
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Browse Map and put the cursor near the location you want to list POI locations for, tap the cursor key, its the one that looks like a four leaf clover, now you can select "Find POI Nearby" select the POI Category and the device will list the 24 nearest your map cursor position - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: