Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Traffic problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Traffic problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pendlemac
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: TomTom Traffic problem Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone else has had the following problem with TT traffic and if they have a solution.

Traffic was working fine 2 weeks ago, but then failed on Sunday when I used it next. Account settings on the XDA were OK so I assumed the subscription had run out even though there had been no reminders. When I got home I checked my TT account and found that it says I have an active subscription so I can't get a new one. Clicking on the subscription revealed an expiry date of 14th July. Confused

Sent a request to TT support describing exactly what had happened and asking how to clear the 'active' subscription so I could renew. Got a reply today telling me how to get TT Traffic working on the PDA Exclamation

So has anyone else had this happen and is there a solution apart from changing to a dedicated device that uses the radio traffic service? Smile

Axctually taking TT off my PDA would let me use the SD to store more music to play in the car. Laughing
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When I renewed my Tom Tom traffic the first time they were doing a special offer and I asked what would happen if I extended my subscription before the existing one had expired, so that I could take advantage of the offer. I was told that the new sub would just be added to the existing without any loss of cover. I did that and they were right.

I don't understand why it won't let you buy a new sub Confused . It clearly worked for me.
pendlemac
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't understand why it won't let you buy a new sub. It clearly worked for me.

It didn't work because I was thinking logically and assumed that the only way to get a subscription was via the 'Buy X' links on the 'My TomTom' sidebar.

What you actually do is got to the Traffic page and click 'Buy Now'.

Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: