Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Too many POIs?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Too many POIs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrowningC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Too many POIs? Reply with quote

If I install more than one set of POIs on my 2210/TTN 3.01 then it fails to start - the 'wait' icon never goes away. So I can have Speed cameras OR steam trains OR fuel, etc... but not any combination as TomTom will then not start.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a memory issue, you probably have too much installed to main memory reducing your overall memory available.
BrowningC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have only TomTom and CheckPoint in the main memory, and the maps and POIs on the card. I have nothing else installed on the machine at all (well, there are a few contacts in OUtlook, but nothing else).

Any suggestions?
keeger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just experienced the same problem. Installed TTN3 last night on 3970 with a Sandisk 256mb sd card. Syncd the POI which download to the PPC fine, but when you open TTN3 via GPSAssist, it says their are too many POI for TTN3 and it fails.

You get some but not all. Is there a limit to the amount of POI TTN3 can handle?

If so, how many?
BrowningC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is interesting that both of us who have reported this problem have a Sandisk expansion card. They are the cheapest I know, but just could there be any problem with the speed or the way in which they serve up the data? Would be interested to hear if anyone with a better quality card has this problem also.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandisk SD cards are known to be bad - I have to leave it there as I haven't got permission to post any more detail. Just search the forums for Sandisk to find all the horror stories, or go to Jon (HappyCheesecake)'s site at http://sdprob.aximsite.com (the problem doesn't just affect Axims, though Axim X5s behave particularly badly with Sandisk cards.

There is a limit to the number of POI files that Navigator will cope with in the map directory. The TomTom support site says the limit in Navigator 2 2.24 is 128 - I suspect Navigator 3 has the same limit.

Finally, you mentioned Steam Trains. Delete that one (or at least the .bmp file) - the graphic for it sometimes causes an indefinite hang on starting Navigator. Hopefully one of the Team with access to the server can either fix or delete that graphic.

David
BitchMonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an IPAQ 2210 with sandisk 512 UltraII SD card. I have TT3 and Gpsassist installed. I also get the 'too many POIs' message but after a few seconds TT finally opens up.
Riggar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Steam & Trains POI casued problems for me (2210, TT3) - when I resized the small train .bmp to 19 x 19 pixels - it works

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: