Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 3.01 - do not use with iPAQ 2210!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 3.01 - do not use with iPAQ 2210!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting! These 2210 lockups I've reported a number of times to TomTom and they haven't found what's causing it, TTN2 was fine but TTN3 is locking up, and interestingly enough I have MicroDrive's in both my 2210's. Hadn't dawned on me to eject the MicroDrive's because everything I have is installed to the SD card, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. The lockups I've been getting have been getting worse and worse over time.
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is any patch out for the 2210 yet?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no just use the loastest rom for the 2210 and the software out of the box its qute stable the problems seam to come when the updates are installed
thourgh you will still lose the bt link occasioally when i run mine all i usually get 6 - 7 hrs before it drops the bt link to my tomtom gps

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
njmbtn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a partial fix to the problem I posted a few days ago from TomTom. I was having a problem with 2210, TT3 and a microdrive. They advised me to do two things.

Firstly to upgrade to latest GPS software. This, with a wired GPS, made no difference.

Secondly (and to quote them).....
If the problem continues after the new driver is installed please go into the properties icon in the navigator menu and then the POI Tab. Remove the tick mark from Show Points Of Interest. Tap OK. Then see if this temporarily cures the problem. If this works let us know so we can investigate this issue further.

This does seem to fix it. I drove 150 miles today and worked fine. In final mile I switched back on "show POI" and it froze within 20 seconds!

Hopefully there will be a fix that will allow me to see POI again in Navigator view.... but at least I don't have to remove microdrive each time

Hope that may help you Dave and others
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

njmbtn wrote:
I've had a partial fix to the problem I posted a few days ago from TomTom. I was having a problem with 2210, TT3 and a microdrive. They advised me to do two things.

Firstly to upgrade to latest GPS software. This, with a wired GPS, made no difference.

Secondly (and to quote them).....
If the problem continues after the new driver is installed please go into the properties icon in the navigator menu and then the POI Tab. Remove the tick mark from Show Points Of Interest. Tap OK. Then see if this temporarily cures the problem. If this works let us know so we can investigate this issue further.

This does seem to fix it. I drove 150 miles today and worked fine. In final mile I switched back on "show POI" and it froze within 20 seconds!

Hopefully there will be a fix that will allow me to see POI again in Navigator view.... but at least I don't have to remove microdrive each time

Hope that may help you Dave and others

Nice to hear Smile POI's are realy good to have:)
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

This was the first time this weekend that I was able to test in earnest my TT3 upgrade, since I did the upgrade a couple of weeks ago.I travelled about 65 miles in my motorhome to a site that would have been quite diificult to locate with the wife as navigator, but TT3 took us directly to the location with no problems. Over the weekend, I changed the safety speed setting from 60 mph to 40 mph, having read articles on this in other threads.

On the return journey BT GPS connection was lost, and three soft resets did not cure the problem. On the fourth reset, I changed the GPS setting to NMEA 0183V2 9600 on Com 8 from TT wireless GPS BT. This worked, and we carried on our way for about 20 or so miles before another BT connection loss.

I did notice that each time a connection was lost, the screen was in safety speed mode just coming to a change in direction with "Current Location" on the screen. I have therefore changed the safety speed back to 60 mph. Could this be the problem, or is it wishfull thinking.?

I wish I could change back to TT2, but having invested in maps of europe for TT3 this summer, it will not work. I am feeling a little disappointed to say the least and not too confident for continental travel this summer.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers

Alan

IPAQ2210, TT3 Upgrade 3.01(409/2). Rom Upgrade 1.10, BT GPS GR230(holux), Checkpoint v 3.2
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to me this weekend too. Configuration
IPaq 2210 (ROM v 1.10)
TomTom BT GPS receiver (recently replaced under warranty)
TomTom Navigator v3.01
UK maps on a Crucial CF card (not an SDIO card)
TomTom GPS v3.00

Screen locked up, but it appeared to stop showing directions at the same time (bottom of the readout had the big speed indicator and the compass -- no distance to next turning, ETA, etc.) Other program functions worked OK (could get into the menus and everything).

I've since upgraded to GPS v3.02 so we'll see if that fixes it.
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ipaq 2210 rom 1.0.. (dont dare to update ) Uses tomtom3 with the latest driver... never had a problem!
CF: Lexar 256 MB
Poporta Alu-Case
Colin58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have ad no lockups and hve used the systemfor several long journeys. I am also on ROM 1.10. I had no option but to install version 3.01 as that is the version supplied on CD. I have nopt performed any updates.
Rmac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom V 3.03 Reply with quote

I see that TT3 is now at version 3.03 which TT say will cure this problem - any feedback on this 2210 problem
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some say it helped some say it doesn't - if in doubt stick with 2.07

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. Just got my iPAQ 2210, waiting for tomtom BT receiver to be delivered (and feeling very worried reading this thread!)

I haven't really been able to find an answer to this, but apologies if it's been covered elsewhere - can anyone tell me exactly how common this Navigator 3/iPAQ 2210 probem is? I've noticed a few posts from people who say they have this combination and haven't experienced any problems at all. So is it really just a few reported cases (as tomtom seem to suggest on their website!) or are we talking about a 50/50 chance as to whether it will work or not?

I just want to know if I'm definitely going to experience this probem, or whether there's any chance that I'll be OK!! I know the best thing is to wait and see, but I'm seriously wondering if I should re-think my purchase.

Cheers.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 50/50 problem, but with an easy fix, so there is no reason to rethink your purchase.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Is it definitely an easy fix? Because from what I've read from the replies in this thread and others, applying the updates to Navigator hasn't helped a lot of people.

Or do you mean some other kind of fix?

Cheers!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applying 3.03 has not always helped. But if you are going back to 2.07 then it will work. It's just that some folks are reluctant to downgrade ;-)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: