Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ITIS Traffic Information
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIS Traffic Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Traffic delays Reply with quote

Jonfo wrote:

"Since 5 June 2008 a new backward compatible software (version 8.010.9369) is available for download at TomTom Home for all ONE, ONE XL and GO devices.

This is not true either, it is/was available for the GOx30/x20 ranges but has never been available for earlier GO devices. I am patiently waiting for them to release a version which works on the GOx10 range.
chrisabel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Tom Tom ONE and when connected to PC it downloaded the latest software. Today have noticed a significant improvement in the traffic signal. Stayed green all the time and for the first time ever instead of 1 min delay it showed a 3 min delay. So it seems to work for me
andytvcams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaymondB wrote:
When is TMC going to become a useful and more importantly a reliable tool, I drive a 56 Vaux Vectra Elite since new the TMC has been almost useless The countless times it reports stationery traffic and theres nothing, it reports jams when you get there its in the opposite direction and most annoying is when travelling along a reportedly clear road big traffic jam, annoying because after being sat there for in excess of 15 mins, it suddenly reports stationery traffic, I know I'm sat in it.
This SatNav is a £1250 upgrade on lower models, its choices of routing is determined by the information supplied by TMC.
You've guessed it I don't rely on the satnav UNLESS I have additional confirmation of its accuracy

ITIS Holdings have made lots of statements as to how they were going to improve the service from the days when they first got the licence,

Seven years down the line ITIS TMC is just so unreliable when it comes to Traffic delays and rerouting.
So much so

That i just l listen to local radio for reports.
And i have now disabled the TMC data on the S90i.

Not that it was any good in the first place..
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Additional transmitters live at last? Reply with quote

Travelling along the A66, A585 and M6 I always lose the TMC signal at Kirkby Stephen and pick it up again at Killington Lake Services.

Today there was a signal after Kirkby Stephen (might have lost it before then - wasnt watching the green circle all the time!!) all the way to my destination in Lytham.

The signal was definitely there as the "read traffic information alound" button worked. Does this mean that ITIS have finally got at least one additional transmitter broadcasting their signals?

Strange how they havent told anybody.
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Additional transmitters live at last? Reply with quote

Greenglide wrote:
Travelling along the A66, A585 and M6 I always lose the TMC signal at Kirkby Stephen and pick it up again at Killington Lake Services.

Today there was a signal after Kirkby Stephen (might have lost it before then - wasnt watching the green circle all the time!!) all the way to my destination in Lytham.

The signal was definitely there as the "read traffic information alound" button worked. Does this mean that ITIS have finally got at least one additional transmitter broadcasting their signals?

Strange how they havent told anybody.

I travel from Carnforth (junction 35) to Lytham every day but tend to find I only get a consistent signal when the weather is overcast but dry - just like this morning.

--

Cheers

Dave
andytvcams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the major sat nav manufacturers need to wake up big time.

As mobile phone operators are coming online offering live traffic updates .
So what is the point of TMC ?

My network (Orange ) offer live updates at £4.00p per month.
And to date works very well sending me SMS messages to my blue tooth S90I. Very Happy Very Happy
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC is free (once you have bought the unit) there are no monthly fees.

Can your satnav read the text message and re-route you around the problem?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many messages do you get when half a dozen motorways have problems and another half a dozen have roadworks and the other half dozen have weather problems? Do you get all the London problems when you're in Manchester and vice versa?

I'm not knocking it, but I do wonder just how you manage a dozen messages yourself on the phone.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
JGRobinson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Problems with Traffic around Newcastle area Reply with quote

I have a TMC setup on TomTom one XL which has worked very well until about 3 months ago where I don't appear to be getting traffic flow reports for the A1(M) J62 - past the washington services - A1 to at least the blaydon turn off - it could be like a car park and the traffic master spots it, the TMC doesn't.

As i say this worked great around 3 Months weeks ago, so I think something must have changed

I have discussed this with TomTom and they cannot find a reason for this Can ITIS shed any light on this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: