Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOM TOM RIDER 2 - Phone Compatability - Which Phone Works
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOM TOM RIDER 2 - Phone Compatability - Which Phone Works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barnseysdad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: TOM TOM RIDER 2 - Phone Compatability - Which Phone Works Reply with quote

Hi
Can any one recommend a bluetooth mobile phone for use with my Tom Tom Rider Version 2. I went into Carphone Warehouse today to buy a Sony Ericson K810i but they could not get it to function. Basically I want to be able to receive calls through my headset and if possible to listen to the radio or play music.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Nokia N95 works OK with the call functions. I've never tried listening to its radio or music in conjunction with the RIDER 2 though.
jeremyr62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think you can do that with the Cardo headset. I have a SE K800i and it works OK for received calls but no music or radio. The Cardo Scala headset isn't A2DP compatible so the music/radio would be pretty low quality anyway. You could just pair the headset to the phone and disable the pairing to the Rider to see if that works for music but then you wouldn't get any direction instructions which misses the point?
Tarby777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a list of the phones that Tomtom staff have proven to work with the Rider on their website. They break the functionality down into 4/5 separate areas and they say exactly what (didn't) work for each phone in their tests.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: