Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ITIS Traffic Information
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIS Traffic Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlak
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emjaiuk wrote:
Darren

Did you get a response from TomTom? Do they admit to the problem?

Not sure whether it is an admission of the problem,,,,,,

but after several "ping pong" messages I was offered a free upgrade to the GPRS service by way of 'compensation' Rolling Eyes

and have to say that using both services side by side that the GPRS is head and shoulders above, both for reliable connection (not surprising), and also the vaildity of the data, which I did find more surprising.

I can plan a trip with TMC and get warned of 2.5 hours delay, disconnect the aerial, use the GPRS less than a minute later and get no delay at all. Swap back to TMC and the delay appears again. Travel the route and guess what.............. No delay.
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly, a high proportion of my driving is in France, and roaming costs prohibit using GPRS for traffic.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did ITIS not say that the extra radio coverage would be in "first quarter 2008" when the failed to deliver by end of 2007?

ITIS and TomTom deserve each other Rolling Eyes
RaymondB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is TMC going to become a useful and more importantly a reliable tool, I drive a 56 Vaux Vectra Elite since new the TMC has been almost useless The countless times it reports stationery traffic and theres nothing, it reports jams when you get there its in the opposite direction and most annoying is when travelling along a reportedly clear road big traffic jam, annoying because after being sat there for in excess of 15 mins, it suddenly reports stationery traffic, I know I'm sat in it.
This SatNav is a £1250 upgrade on lower models, its choices of routing is determined by the information supplied by TMC.
You've guessed it I don't rely on the satnav UNLESS I have additional confirmation of its accuracy
Scask
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: TMC M1 (South East) coverage Reply with quote

Just Started using the T1 TMC module for my Navman N20 and it’s a real up and down journey (forgive the pun) I have been traveling between Brum and Hemel and the coverage down the M1 from M6 junc is very spasmodic. Just read about the issues with athermic windscreens (i have an Audi A4) but today had TMC aerial hanging out of window with unconfirmed benefits. Is there a map of Good/Bad TMC coverage anybody knows of?

Daz Aka Scask
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does anyone know what's happening with iTIS and their mooted deal with dozens more transmitters? They were supposed to come on-stream in January and then it was going to be second quarter. Well we're now into the third quarter and nothing seems to be happening...?

--

Cheers

Dave
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another month for the third quarter!
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davegthomas wrote:
Another month for the third quarter!

D'oh!! Silly me! Nevertheless with only four weeks to go until Q3, iTIS - who seemed so keen when they started this thread - have gone worryingly quiet!

--

Cheers,

Dave
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
whitters366
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: A question, if I may Reply with quote

I have recently purchased an Aldi "special" Medion MD96770 (aka Medion E3212 M10), and this has the TMC function built in (allegedly).

Apparently it comes with TMCpro lifetime subscription, but from doing my research (after the fact of purchase) I realise this is only valid on the continent. Should I be able to receive TMC data FOC (free-of-charge) on this unit, or are there more "hidden" charges?

Regards,

Whitters
Jonfo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: TomTom Traffic delays Reply with quote

With regards to the incorrect delays witnessed by many on TomTom, I have now received a response from TomTom.

"Since 5 June 2008 a new backward compatible software (version 8.010.9369) is available for download at TomTom Home for all ONE, ONE XL and GO devices.
ITIS customers are encouraged to download this new software and to test it.
Any new problems that are found can be reported to the TomTom Customer Support Desk."

Many thanks

Jon
ITIS Holdings PLC
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a diplomatic way of saying that whilst TomTom never admitted their previous release were fatally flawed in respect of TMC, they have quietly fixed it in v8 Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, Indeed the version 8 Navcore elease does fix the no delay problem, however TomTom have withdrawn the release from the servers so it is no longer available for users to download via Home or any other method, perhaps you might like to ask them when it will be re-released? -

Also what is the state of play with respect to the additional transmitter stations you were adding to your network? - Mike
Jonfo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom have advised the update is still on the site. You do however need the newest version of HOME.
Apparently once the update has been downloaded, it will no longer be visible on the site.

Thanks,
Jon
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me while I go and photograph some pink pigs that are flying around in the back garden - I don't know what they were smoking when they dreamed up that one! - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: