Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quo V2 & Quo Mobile
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quo V2 & Quo Mobile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mottus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Quo V2 & Quo Mobile Reply with quote

Has any one had any (good) experience with Quo Mobile GPS mapping software?

I was planning on buying Fugawi software to load onto my PDA, and tried the demo version. I had a few problems with it - and was concerned that the 1:25k maps all seemed to state I needed WM5, as my PDA is an HP HX4700, running 2003SE.

After scouring the web - Memory Map & Quo seemed to look promising. As Quo appeared to be getting good reviews, and the map selling policy seemed pretty good, I went for Quo.

Troubles from the VERY start! After completing the order (and paying by PayPal) I received no confirmation of my order from Quo (only from PayPal for the money!) - and as such, had NO instructions on how to download the software (£119 for the software, 1:50K maps of UK, and Mobile software). I emailed both their support & info addresses - and received 'unable to deliver' messages from both! After emailing again (they have no phone number on their website) - I received a link to download the software.

This took ages - but all seemed to go OK. However, on installing the PDA software, my troubles began. It crashed as soon as I tried to open a map. All I could do was reboot the PDA. Then, the software reported a corruption and stated it needed to be re-installed. This I did, a number of times - continually re-booting the PDA to get the program to run. Eventually, the software started, and ran - but as soon as I tried to do anything it crashed. On re-starting it complained of insufficient memory - even though it was the only thing on the PDA - even after (yet another) reboot.

Anyone out there know if this software does actually run on a PDA?
rsjeffrey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a similar experience, both with buying the software and with trying to use it. I have recently upgraded to a pre-release of V2. The experience is worse, since I cannot persuade the software to export maps to my PPC (and Ipaq 214).

I too read the reviews, and thought Quo seemed worth trying. My response is 'beware'.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: