Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Memory map install tips please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory map install tips please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Memory map install tips please Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just ordered MM OS LANDRANGER 1:50,000 just 1 region to see how it runs. Im going to be using it on my iPAQ 5550 and BT308 GPS reciever currently running TomTom 3 I have 2.07 GPS driver installed.

Any tips / hints on installing running Landranger will be good.

TIA Thumbs Up
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz,

You should be fine with your TomTom Drivers working with the MM application.

Install MM to main memory not to a storage card.

The best bit of advice I can give you is to keep a good organisation system of where you put your maps and the naming conventions you use for them.

What I tend to do is to select areas of the map that I know I want to have available on my PDA and create these export files. I then get what I believe to be the optimum setup for my available SD card then back the card up to my PC. I then wipe the card and start again with another area. This allows me to have an almost unlimited number of maps available. The only thing I really need to look out for is to ensure that I copy the right maps to the PDA SD card before I go out on a trip.
Taz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info so far - unfortunately I am still having problems with Memory Map...

I have installed it on my pc, and downloaded the section of map that I want to my iPAQ - although I had to put it onto the storage card because I do not have enough capacity in the main memory.

It seems to have gone on fine, and I can access it, but I am having problems getting it to link to the GPS...

The Bluetooth COM ports on offer are COM 5 and COM 8 - when I try to use either of those, I get the message: Cannot open COM port.....

Can you advise me (step by step I am a new user!) on how to free up the COM port from Tom Tom so Memory Map can use it?

I am using GPS driver 2.07 for Tom Tom.

Thanks in advance......
Flibb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ahd a similar problem, ended up being tom tom was still running in background. make sure you have properly closed it rather than hitting the top righ X. Might be worth a try
Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: