Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anquet wish-list
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anquet wish-list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Anquet wish-list Reply with quote

Hi all at Anquet.
Having just recently got the Northern England maps and installed onto PPC I would like to start a few suggestions for future upgrades of the PPC companion. Thumbs Up

(1) Additional map zooming: currently 25% 50% 100% 200%
Add 75% and 150%

(2) Tap the map for spot height as well as OS coordinates?

Last edited by icsys on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to all at Anquet - this is an excellent piece of programing and analysis.

My wish list includes:
1 - World Map (basically so I can plug in some lats/longs and see what the map comes up with. It is a very interesting educational development too

2 - ability to download digital maps directr from OSGB website (as a free service to Anquet registered users who also happen to be UK citizens

3 - a similar agreement with other map providers in other countries. So, for example, if I intend to go trekking in Spain I can bounce from registered users page on Anquet website and download regions of, say, the Pyrenees. It is a service I would be prepared to part with a few Euros. And I don't fancy going through the whole software/map analysis for an oversees trek when I have perfectly good program on PC and just want the relevant data

that's all fro now folks

A very impressive bit of kit btw Thumbs Up
sparkyweb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very pleased with anquet, started with just the south coast version. I am now waiting for delivery of the whole of the south version!!

Anyway, the one thing i would like to have added is a circle or icon, arrow etc, added to the point when you tap in a grid ref. I like the feature that means you can find a grid ref however it just sticks it in pretty much the centre. It would be much more helpful to have a graphical display.

Cheers

Sparky
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having recently used PPC Companion on a walk, I would like to see some additional functionality on the toolbar instead of the current cascading menus to allow 'quick access' and faster control of the application as this toolbar is permanently displayed and docked at the bottom.

Reduce the current four cascading menus (Map Action Options Help) into one (Menu) to free up toolbar space.

Have two icons '+' and '-' to control the zoom function of the display.

An icon, which when tapped, toggles on and off the 'Display location' feature which shows the co-ordinates of the tapped location.
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these look good icsys - you obviouly know your stuff!

I was up north in a wonderful land called Scotland (Glen Affric and surrounds) yep, ability to create, amend, delete, edit, transfer routes on the PPC would be a good feature.

One of the best things was planning routes on the laptop. It allowed all (4) of us to get round the laptop and the process of choosing routes meant all of us had some acquaintance with the route,

So, for me, it is a whole process I find appealing.

As for the PC side I would like to see the option to embed or link audio, video or still image files either by random location or by attaching file to a point on a route.

The idea (for me) is to distance approach from paper or book based maps. I suppose that in the grand scheem of things a transition from hardcopy maps to digital maps at first level has to have a bit or tradition and a bit of modern.

I am all for the next stage, digital has lots more potential.

I hope this makes a little sense - it is late and the wine was really rather good

<hic> (hic)

Rolling Eyes
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops - for the record and if my observations may help one or none

h2210 wrapped up with a proporta metal case wrapped up in a clear plastic bag did the trick for me.

It was robust enough, dry enough though in full sunlight on reflective snow the image was a bit dull. And very easy to transfer from pocket to rucksac.

I didn't mind the menu being obvious. sometime when hands are cold or wind chill is high, fewer stages between starting and getting the end result mean a reasonable compromise.

Admission: I did take the lads up the wrong mountain on the first day Embarassed
sparkyweb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icsys,

I agree with you on all of those points. I used the PPC companion when i was out boating on the broads at the weekend.
I would also like to see the ability to put the map into landscape mode, (as most of the mapping i was doing was left to right.)

Additionally i also wanted to check the route ahead, bends in the river, pubs, and other points of interest and i found it frustrating that you could with the stylus move map accross but it would only stay there for a fraction of a second. To see it in detail you had to turn live track off then move, then turn live track on again. - Which leads me to my thrid and final (for the moment) point. Whilst in live track, for cross referencing it might be nice to be able to see your grid ref- I know that you can do this on my etrex, but this would not work for other types of gps users- without having to turn livetrack off.

Apart from that, it was Fantatstic being able to see exactly where I was going Thumbs Up

Boys and toys I know, keep up the great work anquet,

Cheers

Sparky
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyweb wrote:
Additionally i also wanted to check the route ahead, bends in the river, pubs, and other points of interest and i found it frustrating that you could with the stylus move map accross but it would only stay there for a fraction of a second. To see it in detail you had to turn live track off then move, then turn live track on again.

Yes... a great suggestion Thumbs Up Pocket Streets has a feature which would allow this. You can set it to 'track position' (live track) You can then select 'Always Show Position' which moves the map and keeps your location centred in the display. When it is un-selected your position moves but the map is static. The latter allows you to drag the map around.

This would be very useful and something I had not thought of.
sparkyweb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not until you take these "toys" out into the real world that you hit upon these scenarios isn't it? I had great fun playing with Anquet and My PDA the beauty of taking a boat out is that you are not going very fast!
I have also added my suggestions in an email to Anquet- their customer support / response to customers is great!!

Cheers

Sparky
TheSquare
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very impressed with Anquet, having now used it in earnest in the Lakes. My wishlist is as follows (already passed on to Anquet):

Ability to track routes using a PocketPC with Anquet.

Ability to plan routes on a PocketPC and set waypoints when away from a desktop PC.

When out in the field and using GPS LiveTrack, it is a bit annoying you cannot move the map around to see other parts of the map, although you can zoom out. The software moves the map back again so that your current position is in the middle very quickly.

It would also be useful to download tracklogs from another GPS (eg the eTrex Vista) to a PocketPC when away from a desktop.

I know some of these duplicate other people's wishes, so I look forward to the next upgrade!
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'm sure the PPC Companion is long overdue for an update...

I would like to see a graph display of satellite signal strength to provide a visual indication of your GPS unit's current status. Especially useful when your GPS is first trying to calculate it's current position instead of just seeing "communicating with gps"

The ability to quickly add multiple waypoints to a route on the PPC. Simply click to enter a new waypoint then if necessary drag it to alter its' position. Also the ability to 'tweak' the waypoint position out in the field.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just made the following suggestions through Anquets website........

I am looking forward to trying out some of the routes from your website. A useful feature would be an additional way of viewing the available routes using a map of the UK that I could zoom in on the area that I am interested in and see what routes are available there, with hotlinks to download any routes that look of interest. Alternatively, this could be a feature of the desktop software that interrogates your route database online and shows them within Anquet where routes of interest could be downloaded.

Another useful feature would be an easier way of downloading the routes rather than one by one. If there was a selection box next to each route and a select-all button so that I could download all the routes that have come up with my search criteria then that would also be good.

Geocaching is becoming increasingly popular and geocaching.com offer allow you to download the waypoints of geocaches onto your PC. If there was some way to interface these easily into Anquet and maybe bring some of the textual information relating to each cache to record against each waypoint then that would also be useful.

Within the software itself, it would be nice to be able to draw a rubber band box over a section of map and zoom to it. As would the facility to select all user-objects within a rubber band box to delete (e.g. for a group of waypoints).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Anquet All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: