Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MyMobile Phone sat nav info or reivews?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MyMobile Phone sat nav info or reivews?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: MyMobile Phone sat nav info or reivews? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have read in this months PDA essentials that Carphone Wearhouse are selling MyMobile sat nav software for £40. http://shop.carphonewarehouse.com/accessories/mymobile/satnav-/ and more info at http://www.tech.co.uk/gadgets/satellite-navigation/pda-and-mobile-phone-gps/news/ultra-cheap-mobile-satnav-system-on-sale?articleid=1149714832

Looks like its an off box devise similar to Wayfinder. Just wondered if anyone has tried it yet as I have gooled and not found any reivews. According to the press release the £40 includes a Bluetooth gps receiver.

Anyone know any more about this device?

Cheers

Jlo
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a bit more info here http://www.jentro.com/jentro-lbe-solution/lbe_client.php

Cheers

Jlo
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a little about such systems, they rely upon your phones GPRS internet connection to download the map as required, so unless you have a free data traffic contract this could cost a small fortune in use.

Most Sat Nav software is supplied with maps and they are installed to the memory card on the device, this application constantly downloads data as you drive, tread carefully if I were you, check the GPRS data costs on your contract before you commit to it - Mike
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,

Yes it would up my cost. My mobile contact gives me 512kps a month free and if I go over that its £3 a mb or I can pay £7.99 for unlimed downloads but when you add it to the subcription costs add up.

Cheers

Jlo
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, I woudn't even consider such an application on a contract like that, with the mileage I do I would have paid for a "normal" system within a week or two!
See if you can switch to a pre-paid data traffic subscription (often called Bolt On's) but work the cost out before you decide, shop around though as you quote £7,99 which is not the cheapest, also double check the unlimitted part, it is often capped by the provider at 200MB per month, after that you get hammered on additional charges - Mike
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry I have not boght one yet. I have an Garmin I3 at the moment which I bought Jan 2006 and thinking of changing. Prob will stay away from phone based applications that use GPRS as to expensive.

Cheers

Jlo

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: