Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN510
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

Hi.....Should my Navman work OK without the battery?.

hanks....siddler
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

siddler wrote:

From experience it should still work, but you will find that everytime you plug it in it will take time to turn on and then aquire a satalite. The fast aquisition feature will no longer work because of it.

I would rather have a battery than not have one!

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
siddler wrote:

From experience it should still work, but you will find that everytime you plug it in it will take time to turn on and then aquire a satalite. The fast aquisition feature will no longer work because of it.

I would rather have a battery than not have one!
Thanks for the info..I bought this at a computer fair without a charger and was told that it was working...I bought a car charger yesterday and the green light came on with this message on the screen"ICN 510 V3.00.0007".and thats how it stays?........I have tried a reset but still the same.
I then discovered that the power socket was loose on the pcb and resoldered it....and discovered the battery was missing.....I have the original SD card in it....any ideas please...I don't want to buy a battery and find it does not work.

Thanks....siddler
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need o restore the original os onto the 510 so you need to install the SmartST software and perform an update.

You also have the sd card so we'll assume all the maps are still on it so no probs there.

The lack of a battery should not cause the icn510 to fail to work lack of software would.

Do you have the install CDs?

siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
You need o restore the original os onto the 510 so you need to install the SmartST software and perform an update.

You also have the sd card so we'll assume all the maps are still on it so no probs there.

The lack of a battery should not cause the icn510 to fail to work lack of software would.

Do you have the install CDs?
HI...Thanks for prompt reply,I did not receive any items other than the unit....any idea where I can the items you reccomend?

Thanks agian...siddler
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Smart St software is a pretty serious part of the kit I'm afraid. I just looked on the Navman website an there arn't any downloads for it.

I would ask the bloke you bought it off if he still has the disks. Maybe you know someone with the disk. Or call Navman and ask them if they will send you the disk. (wouldn't hurt to ask.)

Otherwise you might be a bit stuck! Sad

mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the manual and you need:-

Smart ST™ 2005 software including Smart ST Desktop CD

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
The Smart St software is a pretty serious part of the kit I'm afraid. I just looked on the Navman website an there arn't any downloads for it.
I would ask the bloke you bought it off if he still has the disks. Maybe you know someone with the disk. Or call Navman and ask them if they will send you the disk. (wouldn't hurt to ask.)

Mostdom is right, the SmartST software is essential. Without it you are stuck. You could have a look around on Ebay for the disc after having a go with Navman. Don't pay too much because (1) this is an out of date device - Sept 2004 - (although still OK if it works) and (2) even if and when you get the disc, there is no guarantee that the 510 will still work - it sounds as if it has had a bit of a beating already. You could just check to see if the mapping is loaded on the memory card if you have a card reader - see what's on it.
I've Googled for the software and have had no luck. Doesn't look good Crying or Very sad
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:

Hi..Thank's again...when I plugged it in today a coloured screen opened up but was corrupt I reset it and it was back to the original problem...will ask the bloke I got it from about the disks...the SD card has the map on it.

Thanks siddler
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other consideration is a different Navigation software loaded all together, it might be cheaper!
TomTom and Route 66 will both work fine on the iCN-510 you need to unlock the device to get access to the the WinCE OS in order to install and use these products, the instructions on how to do this are within the forum - Mike
siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
One other consideration is a different Navigation software loaded all together, it might be cheaper!
TomTom and Route 66 will both work fine on the iCN-510 you need to unlock the device to get access to the the WinCE OS in order to install and use these products, the instructions on how to do this are within the forum - Mike
HI....Will try to unlock it but the only thing is that when I connect the unit to my main pc (Win XP Pro) via the usb port a pop up appears saying that the device is not reconized....do the usb leads differ? I am using one which came with the Myguide 3100.

Thanks siddler
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siddler wrote:
do the usb leads differ? I am using one which came with the Myguide 3100.

No. Usb leads are normally the same. You should install Microsoft activesync first if it is not already on your pc. All Navmans use this software to communicate with pcs. You'll find it on microsofts own website.

siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN510 Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
siddler wrote:
do the usb leads differ? I am using one which came with the Myguide 3100.

No. Usb leads are normally the same. You should install Microsoft activesync first if it is not already on your pc. All Navmans use this software to communicate with pcs. You'll find it on microsofts own website.
Hi...Thought I would update you...I discovered that the power socket was high resistance and only suppling 2.5 volts to the unit...I took the socket out and hard wired it and it booted up ok...Managed to get hold of a SmartSt Desktop disk and download all the updates...the problem now is that when I go to plan a route it comes up with "No map data available" this is after locking onto 4 fixes...what have I done wrong?

siddler
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you turn the unit on can you browse the map at all? You can veiw the map without setting a route.

And when plugged into Smart ST does it say the maps are installed on the SD card? The files might be there but it may not be able to read them.

siddler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
When you turn the unit on can you browse the map at all? You can veiw the map without setting a route.

And when plugged into Smart ST does it say the maps are installed on the SD card? The files might be there but it may not be able to read them.
Hi again....When I turn it on I have the main menu on screen.
"Favourites"
"Map"
"Destination"
"Trip Planner"
" Settings"
Never have Prefrences show up?.....I select Map and then screen goes grey with a arrow in a circle pointing up...when I push the minus button I have pale green maps show up (Never had maps in colour)
When I go to select destination in comes up with "No map data available".
I have set the map up under settins to tme sd card for uk map and saved it when I press esc I still get the grey/green map.

When I open Smartst...It shows that I have the UK and Ireland map in green and states that it loaded on the SD card.

I unloacked it and tried to put TT5 on it stated "It could run the application and to ensure the libraries are loaded etc..so put it make to original....Thanks....siddler

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: