Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - AA Navigator Ultimate (Typhoon PDA)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

AA Navigator Ultimate (Typhoon PDA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenarf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: AA Navigator Ultimate (Typhoon PDA) Reply with quote

Surprised not to find other complaints like mine - the maps are now very out-of-date (A1(M) at Ferrybridge, A505 from A1, etc.etc. not shown) and no-one seems to know how I can get them updated.

Team Warrior (who sold us the kit) have disappeared - their website shows blank pages and the telephone is answered by a machine as "AA Navigator......leave a message" Which doesn't get answered. AA Navigator website says the product is discontinued. And we only got it May 2006.

Any information gratefully received (Should have got a TomTom)

Kenarf
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per my front page news item, Team Warrior have ceased trading, they supplied the software to the AA so it is effectively now discontinued and unsupported.
Kenarf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Darren - I joined pocketgpsworld because of this problem and passed the home page with your notice on the way out of the site!

I'm writing to The AA today and will keep the forum informed.

Thanks for providing this service!

Kenarf
Kenarf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: AA Navigator RIP Reply with quote

The following tis the email response I got from RoutePlannerFeedback@TheAA.com on the 25th of September when I started to try and sort the problem:

Dear Mr Grayling

I am afraid that there are no updates currently available for your Typhoon. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards

AA Navigator Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 23 September 2007 13:33
To: Route Planner Feedback
Subject: Support enquiry

Name: Ken Grayling
Email: Kenarf@aol.com
Order number:
Product: AA Navigator
Query: Other
Notes: My wife bought the AA Navigator Ultimate (Typhoon) from Team Warrior in May 2006. We need to update the maps but can't find any way of doing this. Please advise

This electronic message contains information from The Automobile Association which may be privileged or confidential.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail immediately.
The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments.
No changes to Terms and Conditions of trade can be accepted through e-mail communication.
All changes to Terms and Conditions must be in writing evidenced by a director of the company and in hard copy format.
The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the company.
The company does not take any responsibility for the views of the author.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenarf wrote:
Thanks, Darren - I joined pocketgpsworld because of this problem and passed the home page with your notice on the way out of the site!

I'm writing to The AA today and will keep the forum informed.

Thanks for providing this service!

Kenarf

Sadly there isn't much you or the AA can do. They are refunding subscriptions for Speedcare but without the developers I see no likelihood of updates being available.
bprice4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: help me please! - Typhoon 7000XL - AA NAVIGATOR Reply with quote

hi I have just purched off ebay a brand new Typhoon 7000XL with AA Navigator - brand new un-opened out the box.

I Installed the software form the supplied memory card and it is trying to activate online - my PDa does not have internet access!

When prompted to activate manually both on screen and in the Instructions it tells me to call a number which is dead or sends me to the website which says it is now discontinued - contacted AA - lots of help - Can anyone help me in activating this software please?

email me at bprice4@blueyonder.co.uk if you can help - Can supply serial number etc.. if you can do online for me. Alternatively if i can use any one else's activation details to get it working - i dont suppose it infringes copyright any more if they have stopped trading and removed the support!

Once again any help gratefully received, Barry "Frustrated" Price.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The developers behind this software have gone out of business so I fear you will not be able to activate it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: