Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Definate Spec Cameras at Blackwall Tunnel
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Definate Spec Cameras at Blackwall Tunnel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curleydel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Definate Spec Cameras at Blackwall Tunnel Reply with quote

Hi, Going thru the tunnel northbound the new gantry what I thought was going to have the traffic flow cameras has suddenly had the dreaded yellow spec cameras fitted. There are the two cameras as you are going down into the tunnel and at the moment the other two just cover the exit if you are going to take the westbound exit to East India Dock Road.
When I go home tonight I will see if they are being fitted to the southbound bore, and on Monday I shall take pics of them to show you all.
The gantrys do not have the bat type corners what specs normanly have, which made me think they were going to be traffic flow cameras.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Definate Spec Cameras at Blackwall Tunnel Reply with quote

Curleydel wrote:
yellow spec cameras fitted... on Monday I shall take pics of them to show you all.

We've had reports of this before but they were discounted because they are not SPECS.

It is possible that these cameras are new though so definitely try to get a high quality photo or two so folks can have a look at them though. If it does turn out that they are not SPECS then at least we can use the photo for future reference...
Curleydel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the photo's Monday, and coming thru the southbound bore this evening there was no signs of any gantrys. BUT the northbound bore definitively had the small yellow cameras in and out of the tunnel and a new speed camera sign just before the entry one. The cameras sure look like the ones on Tower Bridge and Upper Thames Street, but I'll let you know more Monday night. I've got 2 pics I took a few weeks ago when the gantry's went up but because they didn't have the bat thingy in the corner I just thought they were going to be the new spy or traffic flow cameras so I'll try to work out how to attach a pic.[/img]
Curleydel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the 1st one (pre camera) http://img.photoamp.com/pa/07/10/19/kfT7h.JPG

No. 2 http://img.photoamp.com/pa/07/10/19/7xrt1.JPG

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: