Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom want payment for faulty TMC ????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom want payment for faulty TMC ????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulthetool
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Tomtom want payment for faulty TMC ???? Reply with quote

Hi all,
after waiting since Feb to get my TMC replaced. I just got a email
from them saying my unit is not coverd ???
This is what they say:
===============================================
Dear Mr. xxxxxxx

We have received your defective item(s).
Replacement of your defective item(s) is not covered by warranty. For replacement of your defective item(s), we request that you pay the following fee: € 50

You can pay by using the following web link http://www.tomtom.comxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The items(s) will be replaced and sent to you within 5 to 10 working days after we have received the payment.

The replacement(s) will be shipped to the following address:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you disagree with the decision of TomTom that your repair is not covered under warranty, please may we ask you to contact the TomTom Customer support team in the link supplied below who will be happy to help.

http://www.tomtom.comxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best regards,
TomTom Customer Support
=============================================

My unit has not been converted/mod'ed
Why would they be saying this

Cheers
Paul
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the issue up with customer support, as someone has clearly made a cock-up of your return, there should be no charge for replacement of a device that didn't work where intended (and originally sold).

Clearly state you have returned the receiver as a requirement of the replacement as requested by TomTom, you have fully complied with everything they have asked and should not therefore be subject to a charge - Mike
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, my RMA vanished for a few days, and has re appeared but is showing thatI must pay 50 euros, my unit is unmodified and perfect.

TomTom really know how to p?ss off customers....I'm now having to call them from India at £1.40 per minute, it'll cost more than the RDS unit is worth....
paulthetool
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just rang Tomtom and they say the email was sent out by mistake !!!!
Yeah, I bet.
I wonder how many just pay ???

Paul
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They want me to email them proof of purchase, which is a little difficult as I'm out of the country. I've asked them to return my unit, or replace it, I'm fed up now....
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
They want me to email them proof of purchase, which is a little difficult as I'm out of the country. I've asked them to return my unit, or replace it, I'm fed up now....

they have it don't they? doesn't the fact that you sent them the unit prove that you own one and have obviously purchased it?! Laughing Out Loud!

MaFt
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Till receipts tend to fade very quickly under sunlight (natural or home made, or paid for in a shop), in fact some receipts even fade when kept in an envelope away from light sources.
You cannot even read one I have kept from Comet for a TV from only 6 weeks ago, I cannot see the point in demanding a receipt for goods that were not to the correct standard when sold, production of a receipt proves what? - in some cases people will have legit but so faded receipts they will not be readable, its not as if people aren't already hacked off with the entire issue of RDS-TMC in the UK, this approach to returns is ill founded and not helping matters one bit - Mike
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sending one back does not prove that you've purchased it, I'm sure there are enough of them stolen from cars with the rest of the kit.

That said, I did buy mine from Halfords (honest!) but could not find the receipt, so put one (just the card receipt, didn't even have the item purchased on it) with the returned unit that was for £30 for the travel case and wrote on it that I paid the rest via gift vouchers. Just had and email tonight (the same day that they received the unit) saying that a replacement has been sent out. I'm not encouraging robbing TMC unit gits, but if someone else can't find their reciept, dig out a random recipt for an electrical or motor shop.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbg wrote:
...dig out a random recipt for an electrical or motor shop.

so they went to all that effort demanding a receipt then didn't even bother to check it?! what a joke!

MaFt
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
SpeedCam wrote:

they have it don't they? doesn't the fact that you sent them the unit prove that you own one and have obviously purchased it?! Laughing Out Loud!

MaFt

Yes my, the point Im try to make with TomTom, and the reason for my utter frustration. They have now set my support log to unresolved.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Success, TomTom are sending me a replacement receiver, but they have completely missed the point or not read my notes. This is their reply, if only they had sent the same RDS receiver back:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

We are very sorry to hear that the change over has experienced major problems and you have received back the same receiver. As a result of this, I am sending out the new TMC receiver free of charge, the reference number for this is FOC07101888888. I have submitted all of your details for you, so you do not need to do anything else, the item will be sent out shortly.

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we hope that you will accept this new receiver that we are sending out

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team
JJ28
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, but emailed them and they removedthe fee to pay £50.

Now just got to collect mine from the PO Very Happy
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm your lucky....I had an email a few weeks ago saying they wanted a 50 euro charge..this is AFTER i've sent unit & POP back ...I contacted customer support & they assured me the email was an error, they would contact the repair centre & email me the result..2wks passed and nothing..I contacted them again yesterday to be told "hmm still showing payment needed" thats obviously an error the operator said..no S**** I thought! they assured me the payment would be wiped & I would receive my replacement TMC in 5 days or so....I received an email last night from the repair centre stating "we have your TMC unit & require payment of 100 euros for replacement" AGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! contacted tomtom again to be told the same thing..shouldnt have been a charge & dunno where the 100 euros came from....they tell me its all sorted now (the job is showing processing in my repair history) so hopefully i'll have a replacement any day soon

But...I wont hold my breath Rolling Eyes[/b]

Last edited by Madmouse on Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
7andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pay for anything by credit card, you can use your statement as Proof Of Pruchase.

Cheers, 7&Y
Aidi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the recent debacle i had with getting my TMC replaced, i have since sent a letter to TomTom telling them how disgusted i was with the customer support, and being told time and time again the same thing.

They then sent me a customer satisfaction link via email to comment on the support i received.... Needless to say it was not positive whatsoever.

I hope you get your TMC replaced soon.

Rgds
Aidi

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: