Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - peugoet navteq update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

peugoet navteq update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NAVTEQ Digital Map Data
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonbannister69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: peugoet navteq update Reply with quote

hi i would like to update my navteq disk and add the speed cameras to it does anyone know where i can do this many thanks
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: peugoet navteq update Reply with quote

Hi simonbannister69,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

simonbannister69 wrote:
hi i would like to update my navteq disk

If it's an OEM dealer fit, then have a chat with your local Peugeot dealer.

simonbannister69 wrote:
i would like to add the speed cameras to it

It's been done to the BMW SatNav system, however I don't know if it'll work for your Peugeot system. Have a look here:

http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
highwayman212
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon

Yes it has been done.

Check out

http://www.eurovan2.com/forum/index.php

which is a site for eurovans but deals with the RT3/4 so has a lot of comments from Peugeot 407 owners.

The method requires adding POI's to a copy of your sat nav disk and seems quite complicated to me. It only gives symbols and no proximity alerts, it also seems to slow down the address searching so to be truthful I cant be bothered.

But if your up for it check it out.

There is quite a lot of other info that is very useful if you have this unit.

I also want to update my disks to 2006/2007 Navteq to get the TMC facility.
Billofhook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Post code search? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Peugeot 407 SW Ex. Model.
I have a Navteq map on CD.
Will there be any post code search in the future for this?
I know that just after I bought this car, Peugeot put in Smart Nav into the 407's.
The CD I have is Gt. Britain and Ireland 2005/2006 2nd Edition update
Telematic system CD 695 SW - 6.6D
I have of course asked by dealer and they say not, would love to have this as it would improve the sat nav such a lot.

Billofhook
highwayman212
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill

Sorry only just spotted this question.

I dont think that Peugeot will be doing a postcode search. I assume you have an RT3 unit installed. Peugeot have now moved onto the RT4 which has an inbuilt memory facility rather than running off CD.

I recently updated the main firmware at a Peugeot dealer (to correct some bugs therefore free) and he stated that that would be the final version as Peugeot are no longer going to improve the RT3.

I also bought a 2006/2007 UK disk from ebay for £40. This is a genuine disk I assume from a broken up European set from Germany. It has included the TMC codes for the UK which work for me ( my reason for getting it). I have good coverage around M'Ter of independent TMC stations. Classic FM unfortunatly is the strongest TMC station and the unit almost always tunes to this and stays there for ages unless you do a manual search. The Classic FM codes do not work with the RT3. There does not seem to be a work around for this

I have found my use has now changed. I used to navigate only when going someware new that I didnt know the route for. I now have the voice directions turned off, navigate every route that takes me on major roads and wait for TMC messages about problems along my route. If one comes up I get a choice to divert or not. I also have the unit set on 6 miles zoom most of the time which shows me the North West in north orientated map as a whole with TMC symbols for problems. This gives me a feel for problems on alternative routes. I have all my regular destinations on voice activated which speeds up navigating and use the voice activated menu for traffic info messages on a regular basis.

Hope this helps

C

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NAVTEQ Digital Map Data All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: