Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - loading the speed camera capture onto my Tom Tom 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

loading the speed camera capture onto my Tom Tom 910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmymerlin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: loading the speed camera capture onto my Tom Tom 910 Reply with quote

Hi
I am sorry if I am in the wrong forum but can anyone help me with this problem??????

I would like to notify GPS world of a mobile speed camera that does not show up on the latest update but I am stuck!!!!!!

I have downloaded the file from the site but don't know what to do with it.

Can anyone give me a REALLY BASIC step by step guide as to how I download and store this onto my tom tom ( and then I suppose let me know how I actually use it!!!!! )

Many thanks

Jimmy

PS. Please keep it simple if at all p;ossible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLICK HERE for the guide from the PGPSW site.

Quote:
I would like to notify GPS world of a mobile speed camera that does not show up on the latest update but I am stuck!!!!!!

Click on the Yellow box at the top left of every page with the camera symbol on it and you'll be taken to the download / submission page. Scroll down to the yellow section to submit the camera location.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul I think you are too far ahead. He hasn't got POICapture on his Device yet!!

Jimmy the instructions are on the Download Page.

Did you download V1.06G?

Basically you have 2 Folders - POICapture and SdkRegistry

When you unzip the download, just Copy/Paste the 2 Folders to the Root of the 910.

Used like this the POICapture Icon will appear on the last Page of the Main Menu. If you want it on the first page, usual choice, then you need to create a file called TomTom.mnu and this goes into the SdkRegistry Folder.

A Search for tomtom.mnu will bring up different sample menus. You could try a Menu Builder that you can download from www.gregoryduncan.com/ttmd

With this you can just leave out the Menu Items that you don't use, and include those that you do.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul I think you are too far ahead.

First time for everything is suppose..... Laughing

I thought jimmymerlin wanted to use the database and submit a camera he'd found. However if i re-read the OP again i see what jimmymerlin was after. I also missed the word "capture" in the thread title "loading the speed camera capture onto my Tom Tom 910" Embarassed

Looks like i'd better leave you in Oldboys capable hands.
jimmymerlin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy,

Sorry to trouble you again, but I did say i needed simple instructions to follow !!!!!!

I have copied the file V1.06G to my PC hard drive.

Following the instructions on the download page, instruction 1 says "

"Use the File Explorer to extract the POICapture ZIP file to the root directory of your GO"

I'm sorry but I don't know how to do this.

Also when I read further on in the write up it mentions the tom tom 300, 500 and 700 but it does not mention the 910 ( which is the one I have). Are the instrcuctions still the same?

Many thanks

jimmy
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions are the same. The 910 is not mentioned because it wasn't around when POICapture was created.

If you Right Click the Zip File you should be able to use Open with. You can use the XP Unzip utility, or something like WinZip.

This will create 2 Folders. I personally Unzip to a Folder on my PC, and then use Explorer to copy them to my GO.

I posted a link, HERE, on the tomtom.mnu for someone else who was having the same problems as yourself.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: