Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TMC on Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TMC on Pocket PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_Soper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: TMC on Pocket PC Reply with quote

I note that IGO on the PPC has TMC button on the GPS setup view. If I press this, it says "no TMC Receiver Detected".

Before I go out and buy a suitable receiver, does this function work on PPC? I have seen various comments about it on the all in one product that uses the same software, but can find no reference to it in posts, or in the user manual....

Pete
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youll need a comatable gps receiver as yet i havent found anything that will work with igo 2006 so we may have to wait untill the nextversion to get tms working

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
ramsses
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the GNS receivers will work with Igo 2006 Plus, but you need to ensure your license supports TMC in the UK. This means in practice having bought Miomap v3.0 Western Europe in the UK. Igo are currently investigating providing an update for the license to enable TMC in the UK (as all of our providers in the UK, unlike in the rest of Europe, are not free). I am due to start working with iGo on beta testing new TMC functionality. If I hear any news regarding the iGo update, I will let you know.

I would hold fire for now...

Andy
dalek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: I got IGO to work with GNS GPS/TMS only by using GPSgate Reply with quote

I know some time has gone by now, did you get any further forward with TMC working on IGO 2006+? I have Royaltek GPS/TMC. Royaltek & Igo say it doesn't work with IGO. But GNS & Igo say GNS GPS/TMC do. I have both units and have spent an unbeleivable amount of time going through all the port & softresets to get either to work. But with what I downloaded yesterday (GPSgate 2.6 from Franson) & was successful, only, with the GNS 5843. It's not right that iGO doesn't work by itself with GPS/TMC devices. I will be forced to buy another software program to split the GPS & TMC signal . This should be provided for by IGO, don't you think. The GPSgate is a port splitter trial for several days, then I'll buy.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nav N Go's web site is now stating
Quote:
TMC support, both pre-paid and free, speed-camera support
All of the European free TMC sources are integrated as well as an increasing number of pre-pay TMC providers. When TMC information is available, it is possible to view the TMC events either on the map as icons or as a list on a dedicated traffic information listing.

Does anyone know if this means that the Uk is going to be supported and also is it ITis or RAC.

In addition I am considering purchasing an E-TEN M810 as this has built in TMC does anyone know it this will be supported?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: