Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman PiN 570
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman PiN 570
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZZR6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Navman Pin570 Speedcamera POI issues Reply with quote

grahamterry1000 wrote:
I got my PiN 570 LAST Xmas and have used it a fair bit on my travels. However once you have been to a place once or twice you generally know how to get there so it is not of much use as I tend to travel to the same places on business.

Waste of time buying one I hear you cry. Maybe, but after all this time I am trying to put Speed Camera POI's on it and am having a devil of a job.

I downloaded the ASC files and went into the POI Editor but whilst the POI's show up in the Settings and the mapping does take you to Nearest POI when asked it doesn't show the associated icon and I do not know why.

At first I thought it was because the icon file was on my PC and should have been on a local file on the PiN so I copied the files across into what I presumed would be the MyPOI folder and still no joy. The actual ASC files do not show up as being on the memory card at all under a local Pocket PC search or a Windows XP search. Strange....

The only place they are identified is in the POI Editor and even there once saved to the device you can't edit the icon or anything just view the file names.

Am currently in communication with Navman UK about it but if anyone has had same problem and resolved it would be nice to hear from you.

NB Until reading someones long article on the pros & cons of ths PiN570 I didn't realise it zoomed at junctions, handy.

Cheers anybody.

Have you removed the first line in the ASC files. ";Longitude,Latitude,Name". ? Then follow the instructions herehttp://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-navman-icn.php
ZZR6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon11 wrote:
nuggo wrote:
I've just bought one of these units and so far i'm well chuffed! Halfords have them on special for £99.99 and for that money you really cant moan!!! :D

lookin at possibly changing the software if i can to Tomtom 6, not sure if its possible though?

It will run Tomtom 5 o/k but it is a bit fiddly setting up the GPS. Tomtom 6 is very slow as it needs a faster processor than the pin 570.

I have TT6 working fine on my PiN570. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: