Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The FREE PocketGPSWorld.com SatNav Expo 21st April 10am-4pm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The FREE PocketGPSWorld.com SatNav Expo 21st April 10am-4pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Meets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be posting the raffle results later. Too tired to do it now and would only mess it up if I did!

Holders of winning tickets who were not present at the draw will then be able to claim their prize and I'll post the claim process at the same time.

Thanks to all who attended and of course a big thanks to the Mods without whom we'd really struggle to cope!

Last edited by Darren on Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandown Park Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
I know that Bo Peep looks like her Avatar, but did I look like what you were expecting? Laughing Out of here
Actually, you both look like the picture of you I saw somewhere. At the time I think we all commented about how lucky you are with women and how she could probably do so much better amongst the rest of us hoy polloy (and she put us down most firmly). You and she were just walking away from reception when we arrived at the hotel - I asked the receptionist if "that couple" were from Oxfordshire, but she declined to say.
EyesUK wrote:
Have I won something wonderful?
No you haven't and stop trying to impersonate me to nick MY raffle prizes!! Boss of all raffles, please note any person turning up to collect my prizes, make sure it's a genuine me, not somebody wearing a mask. Same applies to my March/April competition prizes.
Anita wrote:
I wish you'd remove the picture of your grandad's teeth from your sig.
That's not my grandad's teeth - it's my RDS-TMC aerial. Or rather it used to be before my stumps broke again. I leave it on there as a demo in case anybody else wants to copy a damn convenient, portable, ever-present Traffic solution which works.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies & Gents, prize draw results now on-line see front page latest blog entry for link.
awdxs1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Expo 07 Reply with quote

A huge thankyou for everyone at the PocketGpsworld team a very professionally run exhibition very very impressed, you folks did a wonderful job :D .... its got me thinking if I should continue battling the Tomtom 910 or throw in the towel and go for a Garmin or something else. Confused Did not win anything on the draw but the moneys going to a very worth while cause.

kind regards

Bruce

TomTom GO 930
StuartStrangeboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: event Reply with quote

Hi,

Looks like you had another great event, I was unable to make it due to car troubles on the way there, but hope you all had a great time.
If it helps you try to find a place for your event in Manchester check out the G Mex http://www.gmex-micc.co.uk/ I have been there many times for trade shows.

Cheers

Stuart
gambitgander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mods, is there any chance that someone will be doing a write-up on the whole event? It would be interesting to know what the general feel was, who had interesting things on show, highlights/lowlights, pictures, etc.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gambitgander wrote:
Hey mods, is there any chance that someone will be doing a write-up on the whole event? It would be interesting to know what the general feel was, who had interesting things on show, highlights/lowlights, pictures, etc.

It is in hand.

I am currently sorting through the pictures we took on the day and in the build up to the show. Once that is sorted I will get together with the others and do a write up...

Watch this space.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...in the meantime, anybody who was at the show is more than welcome to write a piece. Warts 'n all, we'd welcome the feedback!
steve25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who worked so hard to put on a very professional event.
Do you think that a selection of mobile phone retailers would be prepared to attend a future event to demonstrate a selection of smart phones running GPS software?

Without wishing to "upset" the standalone GPS suppliers who have supported the events it does seem that GPS smart phone applications are becoming more popular and for some people an attractive (and expensive) all in one solution. It was useful to see the smart phone applications that some software suppliers were using, even better to have had the optunity to compare a range of smart phones.
Thanks again for a very well organised and professional event.
Stephen
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know alk had quite a few pda and smartphones on there stand

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve25 wrote:
Thanks to all who worked so hard to put on a very professional event.
Do you think that a selection of mobile phone retailers would be prepared to attend a future event to demonstrate a selection of smart phones running GPS software?

Without wishing to "upset" the standalone GPS suppliers who have supported the events it does seem that GPS smart phone applications are becoming more popular and for some people an attractive (and expensive) all in one solution. It was useful to see the smart phone applications that some software suppliers were using, even better to have had the optunity to compare a range of smart phones.
Thanks again for a very well organised and professional event.
Stephen
Strange how great minds think alike...

As Alix says we did have a number of guys there with mobiles including ALK, MoDaCo, and Navteq (Nokia 6110 Navigator). This weekend I have been chatting to a senior guy from the Carphone Warehouse, so things may be a bit different at the next show on the mobile front.
owzat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first satnav show and I thought it invaluable for choosing which one to buy. I settled on the ViaMichelin for its seemingly better advice of safety cameras and Michelin guides inclusions. I much enjoyed being taken round some stands by one of the Pocket GPS team - very good impartial advice.
Having tested in-car subsequently the Garmin 360T I found it a superb satnav which deserves a more user-friendly Uk based site. Far too US orientated and over-complex stuff re speed alerts. Also a better manual is needed - far too skimpy for the whole wealth of things it can do
Also tested the Navman F20 which is one or two respects was superior to the Garmin - at half the price. On balance though I wanted a more highly specified satnav and the new ViaMichelin, the fiull Europe one 370t is my eventual choice - though I haven't tried it yet
Thanks PocketGPS for your help - next step is your camera database which one of the manufacturer reps told me he himself used :D
Nick_Russell
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nmi wrote:
I was a little disappointed that it wasn't possible to purchase units at the show, I'd have thought it was a perfect time to have some kind of 'show offer' but clearly this wasn't the intention.

I too thought this was a shame. I would have thought most people there were either owners of SatNavs or people wanting to get one. It just seemed silly not to have units available.

I particularly wanted to buy some Garmin accessories as these are not stocked in many shops and was very disappointed that these were not on sale.

A trick missed here I fear.
City Navigator Europe NT 2008. GarminPOI Loader 2.5.2
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we have said, we had a retailer pull out at the last minute which was a shame and the established satnav retailers are not geared up for face to face sales.

However we will be trying very hard to get a number of retail opportunities in place for the next show. Each one is a learning experience Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Meets All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: