Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rabbits9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TomTom Go 700 (bought about 18months - 2yrs.ago) Only just got connected to network and just upgraded it to Appl. 6.520.

Previously it did not have any sounds when POIs were near (just a sign on the map), will this update have put sounds on? If so do they only work when "out and about" and not on a "demo" journey?

Rabbits9

Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, your recent update will not have put the files on the device needed for spoken alerts, I suggest you take some time out to read This Page which details the spoken alerts and how to get them working on the unit, the device would have supported this method prior to update, but if you want spoken alerts have a read, and I am sure you will get them working, if you have any problems please ask again - Mike
crazyhazy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a GO 910 and its version 6.524, will version 6.520 work as my version doesnt seem to be covered?

Tomtom One
App 8.010 (9369/080529) OS:190943
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.5011
United Kingdom and Replublic of Ireland v885.4058
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 910 you have the option to use the Text To Speech and type in your warnings, please read This - or you can use the ogg file method to achieve spoken alerts, I am not too sure about messing with the data.chk file though - Mike
cardata2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to get the voice activation for the speed cameras to work on my new tomtom v2 bought yesterday,

doenloaded them and put them in the same folder as the cameras,

allthough they are there i get asked to choose the bong noise which it says i shouldnt get,

what have i done wrong,

running version v6.56 if it helps

many thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you 100% sure the files you downloaded actually corespond? for example if you are using the speed zoned database did you download the matching ogg file set - if not it won't work correctly.
Can you check the map folder and for each file that ends with .ov2 there should be an identicle file name that ends with the extension of .ogg - Mike
cardata2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right,checked the camera files and like you say they have a .ov2 file after the .bmp file

the chimes only have ogg files no .ov2 so i assume i have downloaded the wrong files?

downloaded the camera database from here all the files for all camers

what would the easiest way of removing the chime files-voice files in ogg format-which maybe wrong from my card?

hook it up via the usb to the pc?

sorry for the daft questiones.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardata2007 wrote:
what would the easiest way of removing the chime files-voice files in ogg format-which maybe wrong from my card?

hook it up via the usb to the pc?
Yes. Delete them with Explorer.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
cardata2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted now :D

my mistake,

many thanks for the help and a great site.

shall be on here regular from now on.

thanks
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Spoken POI alerts for TomTom One v2 (6.560) Reply with quote

Only recently bought a TomTom One v2 (UK) which is v6.560

Am I correct in assuming that there are no spoken POI alerts for this release yet? If correct can anyone tell me when they will be available?

I am told that the TT One v2 is selling in "bucket loads" so I can imagine there will be quite a demand for these spoken alerts! ;)

Thanks

JW
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install spoken alerts on your new toy, have a read of the instructions on This Page, we use ogg files these days which cover lots of different TomTom products (yours included) and there is an ogg file download page on the site (read the guide I linked to above - it provides the instructions and link to the downloads page) - Mike
cardata2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can confirm this is correct,have the v4 version bought a week ago and all works fine :D
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You can install spoken alerts on your new toy, have a read of the instructions on This Page, we use ogg files these days which cover lots of different TomTom products (yours included) and there is an ogg file download page on the site (read the guide I linked to above - it provides the instructions and link to the downloads page) - Mike

Thanks Mike, will give this a whirl. Smile
jellywobbles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

I seem to be having partial success. I get voice warnings on the permanent speed camera installations in my area, but not for the portable / mobile jobs (just get the icon on the map). Cant help think that I have done something wrong (sure I have) .. but cant seem to suss it! Sad

Can you give me any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

JW
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "portable/mobiles" that might be a clue...

The sets of ogg files on the page Mike linked to are primarily for the main camera types in the database: Fixed (called Gatso), Redlight, Specs, Temporary, and Mobile. If you installed any of those sets there should already be a spoken alert for Mobile camera sites.

However, since a lot of the ogg file sets were created, the "pMobile" category has been added. This doesn't stand for "portable", but "pending" - meaning they are un-verified, possible sites that wouldn't normally have been added to the database but some people asked for these, so they have been added as a sort of afterthought.

At the moment there is only one voice where I have been able to add the extra files for the "pmobiles", and that is the Text to Speech “Crystal”. The extra files are near the bottom of the download page, just above the installation instructions.

To get the "real" voices to have a different message for the pmobiles would involve getting the actors back into a studio to record the lines, and that isn't likely to happen as they did it as a favour the first time!
If you don't mind having the same alert, you can always make copies of the "ordinary" mobile voice alerts and re-name them to match the filenames of the pmobiles.

To see where you stand, just connect up your TT to your PC and have a look inside the map folder where you put all the speedcam files.
For each camera .ov2 file you shouyld have a matching .bmp icon file and an .ogg audio file. The main part of the names before the dot must match exactly. I suspect it will just be the ones for pmobiles that are missing.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 65 of 73

Jump to: