Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - garmin 310d
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

garmin 310d

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmswinch1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: garmin 310d Reply with quote

hi just had my van boken into they found my satnav , i want to get the garmin 310d ,any good ? is it a 3,2' screen , does it say the cameras or just beep ,is the voice loud, thanks Confused
nlm13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've got the 310D and have had no problems. Find it very good, but it doesn't like the M6 toll road!!! Laughing Out Loud Laughing
idiot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly recommended.
brian100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the 310d for a few days now, after suffering some "issues" with the Roadangel 6000 (IE system crashing, awful user interface, awful operators manual, difficulty in seeing the screen (awful glare) etc etc)

So far the unit has behaved superbly.

I am particularly impressed with the feature "Garmin lock". A 4 digit security code that needs to be input, by the user, in order for the unit to function. A secret location can be set, with this feature, if you forget your code (clever).

The user interface on the unit is clean, simple and easy to use. Some thought was obviously put into this units operation by Garmin. It is so easy to use, reading the operators manual is NOT really necessary :D.

The neatness, size and design of the mounting kit is superb. The screen dominates the kit, as it should.

The actual screen is exceptionally clear and easy to view, even in bright conditions.

I would fully recommend this unit to any potential buyer
EssexBuoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using this for the last 3 months, and initially preferred TTN (on PDA) - but this has grown on me, the initially irritating beeps when you exceed the speed limit approaching cameras is now occasionally irrating but invaluable.
My company bought several of these, mainly as a joist satnav and bluetooth handsfree - in that role it works very well.
Someone borrowed my nuvi for the last few days, and I've had to go back to TTN - driving round London I have to admit I prefer the nuvi; Jo (Lumley was a bit slow on the instructions for some reason)
Mapping errors seem very similar to TTN5 with 6.32 mapping (in Essex/East Anglia/London and A1/M6 north to Cumbria)
I'd buy it (even if I had to use my own money!) - particularly if you need a bluetooth handsfree.
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with brian100 - I've just bought the 310d and even though it's my first satnav I find it very easy to use. I had a go of a friend's TT GO 700 and found it more difficult to navigate around (pardon the pun).

On a geeky side, although you can't download voice skins like the TT (you can alter the nuvi voices but it requires some giggery pokery of the vpm files), you can download more vehicles from the Garmin site which are fun - there's a bikes, rc buggies and a tank! Laughing

At the mo .. there seems to be a issue surrounding bluetooth compatability with some Sony Ericsson phones but firmware updates on both the 310 and the phone should resolve this. Wink
v8edd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: 310 Reply with quote

hi im new to satnav stuff and after having a tt for a week and it finally
crashed beyond all help so i changed it for the nuvi 310 and find it excellent...but how do i find some names of places that do not seem to come up like the hamlet of Burcote or Muckly Cross in shropshire is there
any software i can upgrade to ..or am i not doing something right Embarassed
how do i put audible books onto it aswell Question

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: