Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, sorry. Contributors to Camera Manager as opposed to contributors to the PGPSW Camera Database... Embarassed
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
Camera Manager v1.5.0.3 beta is now available on pre-release to contributors

i believe i contributed... link? 8)

MaFt
HarryB100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Camera Manager Reply with quote

Bit new to this. I didn't realise that I had to subscribe to pocketgpsworld to get the database, how do I uninstall the prog. Where the quit button is on your diagram I have a PayPal button.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Manager Reply with quote

HarryB100 wrote:
Bit new to this. I didn't realise that I had to subscribe to pocketgpsworld to get the database, how do I uninstall the prog. Where the quit button is on your diagram I have a PayPal button.

Ash10 wrote:
To quit Camera Manager, click on the close icon in the top-right of the settings window.
HarryB100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: How to delete Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to me. Clicking the icon at the top right corner only closes the program. When my pc reboots it still tries to load up. How do I delete the program completely from my system?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: How to delete Reply with quote

HarryB100 wrote:
How do I delete the program completely from my system?

There's no uninstaller (or installer for that matter) - just delete the program from your hard drive.

Search for "Camera Manager.exe" if you can't remember where you put it... ;)
HarryB100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Still can't uninstall Reply with quote

Hi Ash

I've done a complete search for the camera manager.exe file and there isn't one on the system. The installation screen appears every time I start my pc so there must be a prog under a different name on the pc somewhere. Please help as I've tried everything to no avail.
salopian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got a Nuvi 660 and have discovered your program. I have the Camera Manger icon in the task bar and am logged into Pocketgpsworld. When should something happen? do I have to stay logged in all day?
Is there any way of forcing a download?
RoyW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash,

Fantastic piece of software. Installed and working on the nuvi670.
sam49
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i have read all this forum and like this program very much but theres no way of telling it where my pois are.

How do i do this i have version 1.5.0.0. betes

Regards
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash

I use your Camera Updater program which is a great piece of software - I especially liked the fact that I could run it when I wanted as opposed to running in the background.

I recently tried the Camera Manager program but noticed on Gatsos with Variable Speed Limits, that the PGPSW camera number adds a "1" to the description whereas in Camera Updater I am sure it displayed a "#0" to denote the speed limit. Is there a way to get Camera Manager to display "#0" for the variable cameras, or do you have a link you could post to the latest version of Camera Updater please?

Thanks
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
I recently tried the Camera Manager program but noticed on Gatsos with Variable Speed Limits, that the PGPSW camera number adds a "1" to the description whereas in Camera Updater I am sure it displayed a "#0" to denote the speed limit. Is there a way to get Camera Manager to display "#0" for the variable cameras, or do you have a link you could post to the latest version of Camera Updater please?

(Runs off to check source code) You're quite right - it looks like this functionality got broken when I added the option for ACPO margins.

Added to my todo list ;)
nicbowker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash,

One quick query about the new Camera Manager.

I used to use the old Camera Updater and a fine thing it was too.

I've installed and used the new Camera Manager and set off round the M25 (like you do). Can you confirm that the new software is more clever than the old one at sensing your speed?

I.e. the old Updater and it's database used to just go off - notifiying you of a camera - whatever speed you were doing, so even if you were stuck on the M25 doing 30 (as is so often) it would still notify you of the 70 mph cameras.

However! The new one - well I noticed that if I dipped to about 63 mph the warnings would switch off. Put my foot down again above that and Bong! the warnings came up again.

Is this right? Does the new software sense your speed and switch off effectively unrelevant cameras?

I kinda liked it when it didn't do that cos you can trundle for miles at no speed, and then sod's law states taht as soon as you put your foot down there'll be a camera which you now wont know about until it's too late!

Is there any way of changing this settting?

Apologies if this question has been asked before...
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I.e. the old Updater and it's database used to just go off - notifiying you of a camera - whatever speed you were doing, so even if you were stuck on the M25 doing 30 (as is so often) it would still notify you of the 70 mph cameras.

Because the cameras on the M25 are variable (i.e. not always set 70mph) the database sets their speed to 0 mph so you should always get a warning no matter what speed you are doing or they are set to.

Ash10 will confirm or shoot me down but the software only changes the way the POIs files re loaded to your hardware. It doesn't do any detection of speed as it's not running on your GPS.

I still use the old Camera Manager as i prefer the manual approach and it takes each POI and doubles it up. One POI set to 0 mph to give you a warning alert regardless of speed and a second one that is set to the speed limit of the camera so you get your "Overspeed Warning".

The new Camera Updater does the same as far as i remember - i still try it from time to time. So going round the M25 the cameras should give you alerts regardless of your speed - mainly because they are all set to 0 mph and not because of Ash10s software.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify...

The cameras on the M25 aren't always set to 70 mph. If the speed limit drops to 40 mph then so does the trigger speed for the cameras. In fact different lanes can have different speed limits and hence different trigger speeds on the respective cameras.

Hence the speed limits for those cameras is set to 0 mph in the PGPSW database so you always get an alert whatever speed you are doing regardless of if you are using Ash10's software or not.

The old Camera Manager doubles up ALL Speed Camera POIs and give you one set to 0 mph to give you an initial alert and another duplicate set to the cameras speed limit which only sounds if you are "Overspeed".

The new Camera Updater does the same thing i thought, so I'm not sure why you don't get an alert when you are not "overspeeding" on the M25 as the cameras are set to 0 mph in the PGPSW database anyway.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 16 of 77

Jump to: