Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Need Help with a Medion PNA 200
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help with a Medion PNA 200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickey01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Need Help with a Medion PNA 200 Reply with quote

HEY ALL . FIRST THANKS FOR SUCH A GREAT SITE.
I am looking for the upgrade maps for my GPS unit i have. It is aMedion pna 200.

I have done serches all of the net to come up with nothing.

I really need the maps of europe for this thing as i do alot of traveling.
Can anyone tell me where to find a map that will work on this unit?
Upgrade maps for th e U.S. and also Europe?

Thanks!! for any help on this thing
fbl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, you may be out of luck, at least right now. Although the Navigon site will allow you to upgrade your software to MN|6 with new maps if your PNA is supported, Navigon says that your device is not supported for MN|6. (I got this info here: http://www.navigon.com/site/uk/en .)

If you are looking for maps to use in addition to those already activated for your device, then you should be able to do so using the CleverMap option. (This can apparently be done via the same web site I referenced above, although I haven't tried it.) However, that simply allows you to make payment and thereby gain access to other maps that were included on the DVD that came with your device -- not to any more recently updated than those.

My favorite nav software is the version of Navigon MN|5 that was released in North America for PDAs under the private label "OnCourse Navigator". I also have TomTom, CoPilot, Destinator, and Routis (a private-label version of the same software whose later version is now available as iGuidance). The Navigon product is the only one I've tried that gives accurate speed warnings, using actual speed limits that Navteq provided to Navigon in the map database release on which MN|5 was based (only for expressways, but I expect Navteq to provide speed limits for additional types of roads in the future). So even when I don't need directions, I often drive with the software active and simply displaying the map, to get the speeding warnings.

In my case, I would like updates maps too, but also see features in the MN|6 software that appeals to me (especially designation of which lanes are needed for an upcoming turn). I am in a somewhat similar position to you, in that no upgraded maps are available that I can use yet, and so far no PDA version of MN|6 has been released. I'm hoping that some version of MN|6 will be released later that will run on either my Windows Mobile 2003SE PDA (Dell Axim X30) or my Windows Mobile 5 smartphone (T-Mobile SDA), at which time I'll likely upgrade to MN|6 for whichever device will work best with it. (I'm really hoping that Navigon follows TomTom's lead and released both PDA and Smartphone versions in the same package.)

Sorry I didn't have better news.
mickey01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could have been worse i guess. Right now im trying to get the regular software for it to . Laughing Out Loud

the maps i had and the disks i had were damaged when they moved our stuff. So i now have to find those . Figured while i did it i would updated them . They worked ok for me but would have been nice to find addresses that have been built since this version was put out.

i have one address in the GPS gose to 79 on that street and the one i need to find is 120 now in reality that is not to big of a deal more of a annoance then anything else but tuff to explain when others use it and cant figure it out Laughing Out Loud

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: