Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is Navicore working a scam?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Navicore working a scam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrinklyninja
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Is Navicore working a scam? Reply with quote

Navicore advertised that recent buyers of the 2006/1 software would get a free update to the 2007 version. Interesting to note that the 2007 update is available FOR SALE via their website but no mention of the free update promised. Customer support don't appear to have any info either.
subbydoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Its fast looking like this is the case. Infact they are following the route of TOMTOM and there none exixtant version 6 upgrade. They are blaming their inability to design a web page that is stable enough to complete these upgrades.I for one have writen to them with the following :-

Hello Again

So now I have seen your latest statement :- Upgrade campaign products are delivered only through Navicore Update online service. Navicore Update will be opened by the end of December. It is not possible to obtain the upgrade campaign product through any other channel.

So you have extended the time frame on the upgrade again.....From November to end of December this is far from the couple of days you quoted me.

This is not acceptable, Its not your customers problem that your web design team cannot resolve there problems. This is very poor public relations. You should have provided discount vouchers for the Upgrade section of the web site.

Please can you ask a member of the complaints department to take over this issue and contact me with a suitable solution

and i just bet nothing happens.
Dawg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works now, in case you havent tried since
wrinklyninja
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Is it really an update? Reply with quote

Good news the update to 2007 from 2006/01 is now available
Bad news. Can anyone let me know what the difference is? All the issues I had with 2006/1 still exist. The only change I can find so far is that the edit key on my phone no longer brings up the menu screen. I am sure that Navicore will assure me that the maps are better.
The only really good thing I can now say about Navicore is that their Customer Service/Help Desk is absolutely fantastic but unfortunately, having now done a comparison, I reckon I will have to go with TomTom 6

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: