Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Screen Cover Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen Cover Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lardyboy66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Screen Cover Help Reply with quote

Hi

I fitted a clear non scratch screen cover to my AXIM to stop scratches but it seems to stop my pointer from working when I touch the screen - what do I do

THanks
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you've somehow upset your Axim's touchscreen. I'd start by trying a soft reset.

If that doesn't get you going again, you may be able to find a button combination that allows you to get to the align screen program, so that you can realign your screen - I know one exists for at least some iPAQs (though I'd have to look it up), but these things are different for each Pocket PC.

It may be worth asking in the microsoft.public.pocketpc newsgroup or on the Dell forums if anyone knows of a way to get into align screen without a working touchscreen.

If you can't find any other way to realign the screen, your only option is probably a hard reset (which pretty much resets the Axim to how you received it) - hoping that the touchscreen hasn't suffered hardware damage. If a hard reset doesn't get your touchscreen working again, then it's a case of sending the Pocket PC for repair.

David
Lardyboy66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Re Touch Screen Reply with quote

Hi David,

The touch screen works fine as soon as I remove the film so I dont think its a hardwear fault, apart from the one not letting me use screen protectors !!!! - thanks for your help
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very strange!

I'm so glad it isn't a hardware fault - touchscreen failure is extremely expensive (if the entire screen module has to be changed, it can cost 150 pounds).

My personal recommendation is for Pocket PC Techs' WriteSHIELD. The part number you need can be found from http://www.pocketpctechs.com/Downloads/WSCPTLST.pdf - it's different for the Axim X3 and the Axim X5. If you then search at http://www.expansys.com for the beginning of that part number (for example WSDELX501), you'll find that Expansys do have both products available, though they're described as for other models until you open the detailed descriptions.

If possible, I recommend you get the deluxe kit - the extra cleaning spray and cleaning cloth are well worth it (particularly as I find the spray works wonders on my expensive Dell flat panel monitor on my workstation).

WriteSHIELD is not cheap - but you won't be buying many replacements. Though I've cleaned it numerous times, I'm still on the first of the three in my pack after well over six months of heavy use, and the surface is virtually flawless even now.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: