Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Whats best Choice for a Fireblade? PDA?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats best Choice for a Fireblade? PDA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazzajones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Whats best Choice for a Fireblade? PDA? Reply with quote

Hi guys & gals,

im looking for a suitable sat nav for my Honda Fireblade and was hoping if i could ask for some recomendations.
Some pictures would be great or mounting options as i think this is the area the bike falls down, there isnt much room under the fairing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by dazzajones on Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Gonzales
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the GPS unit you're using - I've made mounts for Navman and garmin i-series units for fireblades and they've all mounted off of the bolts that hold the clip-on bars to the machine - usually two bolts that you can see if you look at the bars from the front of the machine. Drop me a pm with your email and I'll dig out any pics if I can find them.
dazzajones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Mr_Gonzales, you have pm! Smile

Im open to suggestions on what type of gps unit to use, although i have an idea which may work for me.

If i bought a pda unit and a bluetooth gps reciever along with say tomtom navigator, would i be able to fix the gps reciever to the bike (velcro?) and then have the pda in my pocket and follow audio directions through headphones? Maybe it woul denable me to listen to mp3's at the same time? This would then be transferable to my car when using that. Do they inbuilt speakers for incar?

http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php?ID=99&Language=1

Does anyone see a flaw in my plan?
If this were possible i think it may be best as i dont want anything too 'in your face' for the bike, but not so fussed when in the car.

Any opinions would be great! Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: