Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ireland Map updates - when?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ireland Map updates - when?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianrm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Ireland Map updates - when? Reply with quote

I live in Northern Ireland and have Navigon MobileNavigator 5.2 on my iPAQ4150 but a lot of roads are missing from Northern Ireland and even more from the Republic of Ireland.

I have seen that Navteq have announced that they have successfully mapped the whole of Ireland and the maps are now available - see www.maporama.com shows the latest maps with all the road in Ireland visible.

When will these updated maps be available for mobilenavigator? I hope they don't force us to buy MN6 and not update MN5 as they did with MN4!

Any information gratefully recieved!

Ian
ianrm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: repsonse from Navigon Reply with quote

Right, I'm seriously hacked off now - after shelling out to upgrade from MobileNavigator 4 to 5 (which was a big improvement in Ireland) - I got the following response from the same question to Navigon

Quote:
Thank you for your request and your interest in NAVIGON products.

New maps with a full coverage of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland will
be available with NAVIGON Mobile Navigator 6, which will be released approx. in
August this year.

With kind regards
97080 Wuerzburg

It seems like they are making you buy a whole new version rather than being able to upgrade the existing version you've already paid for and could reasonably expect to have some level of support for!!

Maybe time to look at the AA system - I'm getting fed up with shelling out every 18 months when a map upgrade would do admirably! - it seems like Navigon don't place any value on existing customers.

Rant over
ianrm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got this back from Navigon

Quote:
Thank you for your reply.

We regret to inform you that a simple "map update" will not be available. Sorry.
The only way to obtain access to new maps is through an update to MN|6.

With kind regards

Grrr... :x this sort of this thing really gets my goat - making us pay for a complete upgrade when a just a map upgrade would do perfectly well.

They won't get any more business out of me!

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: