Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Extended Battery killed My 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Extended Battery killed My 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Extended Battery killed My 2210 Reply with quote

have just bought an extended battery for my 2 year old 2210.I loaded the cd which updates the ipaq's ROM to accept the new battery ..the first screen came up on the PC saying it was verifing information about ipaq and the ipaq's screen displayed a screen saying the Rom version I have ..V1.11 then everything froze ,PC and ipaq ..the ipaq has stayed frozen and will not soft or hard reset it just displays the same frozen screen until the battery is removed and active sync will no longer work .I called Hp support and they told me it was a chargeable repair Evil or Very Mad has anyone a solution or plan of action??

Thanks
Dave
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it wasnt an hp product then it will be chargeable repair just ask for a estimate

try leaveing the battery out over night then put the original battery back in and see if it will work it might be worth replacing the 2210 with a newer model

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll try that with the battery. BTW it was a genuine Hp battery and ROM upgrade CD from PC World. As far as I can tell the upgrade had not started it was just Querying the ipaq to see what Rom version it had because I looked in the ipaq folder it had put on PC and an .exe file in there gave a warning that the Rom was to be changed and to make sure all data was backed up and that had not been displayed during the acive sync conection .

Dave
CharlieG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Extended battery for iPaq 2210 Reply with quote

I have also just bought one of these from Computer World. Following best practice I backed up everything before I started then did the install. Everything went through perfectly. I then did an after backup and everything is hunky dory.
Dest 6, Maps of Europe, Memory Map Navigator (Europe Edition)
GlobalSat SDI0 SD-501 GPS, BT GPS
TT BT GPS, Inforad
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can you confirm that you had to agree to the Rom upgrade before any changes were made and what Rom version you now have??

Thanks
Dave
bblz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought one of these batteries, I must admit that not being the techie type I shied away from the ROM upgrade and just threw the battery on without it, it seems to be working ok. What does the ROM upgrade add - am I unlikely to get the full benefit from the extended battery without it?
It's definitely an official HP item though so I think you can definitely get a free repair out of it.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the ROM upgrade the device will not know that there now is a bigger capacity battery in, and will only charge the battery up to the original capacity. This is rather undesirable if you want to extend the life of the battery.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the Rom upgrade is only responsilbe for the reporting /use of the battery because you can charge it via the two contacts jack in the side of it when it is not attatched to the ipaq as well as through the multi pin plug in the bottom of the ipaq... If the ipaq already has Rom 1.10 I'm not sure that the update from the CD that came with the battery is actually needed as the Readme file with the specs are the same one that is with the Rom 1.10 from Hp support which I had upgraded to two years ago..If anyone wants to check.. the Rom on the CD is : 1.10.07 ENG. and compare it with what they have now it may save any probs .... Settings/System/Asset viewer/version.

Dave
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHEW!!! after hours on google and a few grey hairs I have resurrected my 2210 :D :D :D ....I discovered that the screen it was locked into was the Bootloader one and active sync could not communicate it.
I fixed the problem by connecting the ipaq in its cradle via USB to a computer without A sync installed on it and executed the original ipaq Rom downloaded from Hp support...I then restored my files from the Sprite Backup file stored on the CF card..After this proceedure I am now 100% certain that that I did not tick the box to start a Rom upgrade off the Cd ( Both Roms are the same so no need to upgrade )that came with the battery so dont know why it froze the way it did .I am not to happy that the guy from Hp support did not recognize the symptoms after the detailed conversation we had on the phone and was willing to take £170 off me to boot.

Dave
CharlieG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Extended battery. Reply with quote

oddsock wrote:
So can you confirm that you had to agree to the Rom upgrade before any changes were made and what Rom version you now have??

Thanks
Dave

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I honestly can't remember if I was asked to confirm that I wanted toagree to the ROM upgrade, I did anywayso would have selected Yes.

I am now on
Product Revision Level A01
ROM Date 03/01/04
ROM Version 1.10.07 ENG
OS Version Windows CE 4.20
Bootstrap Version 0.36
Bootloader Version 1.08
Dest 6, Maps of Europe, Memory Map Navigator (Europe Edition)
GlobalSat SDI0 SD-501 GPS, BT GPS
TT BT GPS, Inforad
bblz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddsock wrote:
..If anyone wants to check.. the Rom on the CD is : 1.10.07 ENG. and compare it with what they have now it may save any probs .... Settings/System/Asset viewer/version.

Dave

Thanks Dave, just checked my 2210 and the ROM is shown as Revision 1.10.07 ENG dated 03/01/04. Phew, seems I already have it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: